IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad|
|Developer(s)||1C Game Studios|
|Genre(s)||Combat flight simulator|
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad is a World War II combat flight simulator released in 2013. A combined effort of 1C Company, the publisher of IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover, and 777 Studios, developers of Rise of Flight, it inherits the name IL-2 Sturmovik from the IL-2 Sturmovik franchise series (2001-2011) and is included in the general series although it runs the DirectX 9 Rise of Flight game engine, known as Digital Nature and originally created in 2009. This new entity is making the first IL-2 game since the original developer, Maddox Games, was dissolved by 1C.
Theater of operations
Development and release
After 1C Game Studios halted development for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover, they officially announced development for IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in December 2012. Although the release date was originally planned for the first quarter of 2014, the game kept going in the beta stage until October 2014. Those who had pre-ordered the Premium Edition of the game received access to an early alpha on the 19th of November 2013, while those who had pre-ordered the Standard Edition received access to the alpha on the 20th of December 2013. The Standard Edition's full version of the game spent almost a whole year to be released, until October 20, 2014.
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad is the 11th installment in the IL-2 Sturmovik series, but dealing with the game engines used in the series, it does belong to the third generation of IL-2 Sturmovik games.
- IL-2 Sturmovik (video game)
- IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
- Rise of Flight: The First Great Air War
- War Thunder
- December 11, 2012: The 1C Game Studios website announces not only the creation of the company (by means of the association of 1C Company and developer 777 Studios) but also the development of the incoming simulator IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
- May 8, 2014: Developer Diary official announcement of the IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad simulator release
- November 19, 2013: Early access now open, official announcement of the IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad simulator release, for Premium Edition owners
- October 22, 2014: We proudly present to you..., official announcement of the release of the IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Standard Edition.