IMANI Centre for Policy and Education
|Services||Promoting Peace and Prosperity|
|Fields||Media attention, public advocacy, research, social commentating|
|Franklin Cudjoe |
The 'IMANI' Center for Policy and Education is an African think tank based in Accra, Ghana. As a member of the Atlas Economic Research Foundation, the think tank applies free market solutions to intricate domestic social problems. It was founded in 2004 by Franklin Cudjoe, who currently serves as the president and chief executive officer. The think tank's operations center on these four thematic areas: rule of law, market growth and development, individual rights, and human security and institutional development. IMANI uses the Africanliberty.org platform as a springboard to reach out to the larger African audience in five international languages, including Swahili.IMANI exerts influence in the Ghanaian public education and policy sphere through media appearances, publications, research, and seminars. The think tank is ranked by the Global Go To Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program, organized annually by the University of Pennsylvania. According to the 2009 Index Report, IMANI was ranked fifth most influential in Sub-Saharan Africa, and the only African think tank to make the list of top 25 "Most Innovative" across the world.
- "About IMANI Center for Policy & Education". imanighana.com. Archived from the original on March 3, 2013. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- "IMANI Receives $100,000 Grant from the Atlas Economic Research Foundation". AfricanLiberty.org. 2008-03-25. Retrieved 2014-06-03.
- Colleen Dyble (ed.). Freedom Champions (PDF). Atlas Network. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-07-27.
- "Franklin Cudjoe | World Economic Forum - Franklin Cudjoe". Weforum.org. Retrieved 2014-06-03.
- "Franklin Cudjoe | IMANI Center for Policy and Education". Imanighana.com. Retrieved 2014-06-03.
- "About Us". AfricanLiberty.org. 2009-04-12. Retrieved 2014-06-03.
- "Believe it or not, India's emergence is Timely – IMANI". NewsGhana.com.gh. Retrieved 2014-11-19.
- "Mission is Clear..." imanighana.com. Archived from the original on February 19, 2013. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- "IMANI ranked fourth think tank in Africa". Graphic.com.gh. 2014-01-28. Retrieved 2014-06-03.
- "2011 Global Go To Think Tank Rankings" (PDF). Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
- "The Think Tanks and Civil Society Program | Helping to bridge the gap between knowledge and policy". Gotothinktank.com. 2014-03-18. Retrieved 2014-06-03.
- "Daniel S. Hamilton | Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies" (PDF).
- "2010 Global Go To Think Tanks Index Report" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-12-31. Retrieved 2014-06-03.
- "IMANI Center for Policy& Education". Imanighana.com. Retrieved 2014-06-03.
- "Imani Receives U.S. $100,000 Grant. | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared". Business.highbeam.com. 2008-03-27. Archived from the original on 2014-10-06. Retrieved 2014-06-03.