Type of site
|Available in||English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese|
The Information Management Resource Kit (IMARK) is a partnership-based e-learning initiative developed by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations and partner organizations to support individuals, institutions and networks world-wide in the effective management of information and agricultural development. IMARK consists of a suite of distance learning resources and tools on information management.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations initiated a partnership-based e-learning programme in 2001 to support information management. IMARK is targeted at information professionals in developing countries. Each IMARK curriculum is designed through a consultative process with subject matter experts, field practitioners and representatives from the target audience from around the world. The IMARK initiative is a response to demand for enhanced information and knowledge management in the effort to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), especially those related to hunger and the information society, in the context of bridging the digital divide. The development goal of IMARK is to improve the capabilities of people concerned with information management and knowledge sharing.
Objectives and Scope
IMARK has over 30 partners and collaborating institutions since its inception in 2001, and its activities are coordinated through a Steering Committee whose members include The Association for Progressive Communications (APC), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Groupe de Recherches et d'Echanges Technologiques (GRET), Bibliotheca Alexandrina and UNESCO.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Agricultural Information Management Standards (AIMS)
- "IMARK - Information Management Resource Kit". Imarkgroup.org. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "Links for Agricultural Librarians". USAIN. 2010-05-19. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "IMARK (FAO) / Links / ICT for transforming research for agricultural and rural development / S&T Issues in Perspective / Dossiers / Home - Knowledge for Development". Knowledge.cta.int. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "FAO's strategies towards the WSIS 2005" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "Ed/ITLib Digital Library → No Access". Editlib.org. 2007-10-15. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "Quick Guide: ICT and Rural Livelihood Resources at FAO". infoDev.org. 2006-09-28. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "Knowledge Management". Icimod.org. 2010-12-16. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "IMARK launches new e-learning module". Portal.unesco.org. 2008-01-24. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "e-Learning module developing electronic communities | Association for Progressive Communications". Apc.org. 2006-05-08. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "CCC: E-Learning Initiatives - IMARK-FAO". Webapp.ciat.cgiar.org. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "2nd Expert Consultation IISAST" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-06-07.