IMG Worlds of Adventure
|Location||City of Arabia, Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Slogan||"Live the epic adventure!"|
|Owner||Ilyas & Mustafa Galadari Group, marwan Ilyas galadari|
|Opened||August 15, 2016|
|Area||1,500,000 square feet (140,000 m2)|
IMG Worlds of Adventure is an indoor amusement park in the United Arab Emirates in Dubai. It is Dubai's first mega themed entertainment destination. The park is divided into five "epic zones". Two of the five zones represent global brands Cartoon Network and Marvel, while IMG Boulevard and the Lost Valley – Dinosaur Adventure zones are original concepts created by the IMG Group. Novo Cinema is the fifth section of IMG Worlds of Adventure and agreement was signed between Novo Cinema and IMG World of Adventure in May 2015.
IMG Worlds of Adventure is the second largest temperature controlled indoor themed entertainment destination in the world, covering an area in excess of 1.5 million square feet. With the capacity to welcome more than 20,000 guests a day, the destination features roller coasters, thrill rides, and other attractions based on popular Cartoon Network characters, iconic Marvel Super Heroes and animatronic dinosaurs. Other facilities include a variety of themed retail stores and dining venues, and a 12-screen Novo cinema complex.
The park was built by the Ilyas and Gholamreza and Mustafa Galadari (IMG) Group and is the world's largest indoor theme park. The park was part of the City of Arabia development project, a part of Dubailand, which was stalled due to the 2008 property crash. In April 2014, the park got a Dh1.2 billion loan from the Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank. The park itself is valued over Dh3.6 Billion. Developers predict that the park will welcome 10,000 visitors daily, and has the capacity to hold up to 20,000 daily. The complex was originally set to open in early 2014, has been since been delayed to late 2014, and again to August 15, 2016 The IMG Group stated in January 2014 that the foundations for the rides were nearly complete and that the structure of the building is complete.
The park includes 17 themed rides.
In December 2016, IMG Worlds announced the 2nd theme park called "IMG Worlds of Legends". The 2nd park will be adjacent to IMG Worlds of Adventure and is expected to have nine unique zones and attractions from other brands, such as Nickelodeon (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dora the Explorer, SpongeBob SquarePants), Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed, Raving Rabbids, Just Dance), Saban Brands (Power Rangers), Pokémon, Mattel (Barbie, Hot Wheels, Bob the Builder, Thomas & Friends, Mega Bloks), The Anime Zone (including Toei Animation (Dragon Ball Z & One Piece) and TV Tokyo (Naruto)), Cartoon Network (We Bare Bears), Legends of Arabia, and Lost Valley – Dinosaur Adventure.
- The Powerpuff Girls - Mojo Jojo's Robot Rampage
- Ben 10: 5D Hero Time
- Adventure Time - The Ride of OOO with Finn & Jake-monorail
- The Amazing Ride of Gumball-a dark ride
- CN Live Stage Show
Restaurants and shops
- CN Feast
- Mr. Smoothy
- Richard's Around the World Café
- Finn & Jake's - Everything Burrito
- Cartoon Network Classics
- Cartoon Network Store
- The Amazing World of Gumball - The Store
- Lazy Store
- Ben 10 - Universe
Marvel is another of the themed zones based on characters from Marvel (The Walt Disney Company) It was announced that this zone would feature the 3D media-based attraction, "Avengers: Battle of Ultron." The announcement made in early June, 2015, was made one month after the release of Marvel Studios' anticipated film Avengers: Age of Ultron in early May, 2015.
- Avengers: Battle of Ultron
- Hulk: Epsilon Base 3D
- Spider-Man: Doc Ock's Revenge
- Thor Thunder Spin
- Avengers Flight of the Quinjets
Restaurants and shops
- Tony's Skydeck
- Chang's Golden Dragon
- Mama Scano's Of Yancy Street
- Marvel Universe
- Empire News and Comics
- Avengers Exchange
- Epsilon Command
- Daily Bugle Company Store
- Marvel Vault
Lost Valley-Dinosaur Adventure
- The Velociraptor
- Forbidden Territory
- Dino Carousel
- Adventure Fortress
Restaurants and shops
- Spice Valley
- Carnivore Hut
- 360 Express
- The Explorer's Supply
- Raptor Outpost
- LV Retail Cart
IMG Boulevard is the fourth zone and welcomes and sets up guests for the other three zones.
- The Haunted Hotel
Restaurants and shops
- Popcorn Factory
- Boulevard Gourmet
- Samosa House
- Flavors of Arabia
- The Coffeehouse
- Haunted Hotel Store
- World of Candy
- IMG Emporium
On 10 May 2015, Novo Cinema signed an agreement with IMG World of Adventure for opening 12 multiplex screen cinemas in IMG World of Adventure. The lavish Novo 7-star comfort is complete with retail and dining offers.
- "» Adventure Zones | IMG Worlds of Adventure". IMG Worlds of Adventure. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "Best Tours - Cinemas in Dubai UAE, Best Cinemas of Dubai". www.vjcyber.com. Retrieved 2018-10-15.
- "» Novo Cinemas signs agreement with IMG Worlds of Adventure | IMG Worlds of Adventure". IMG Worlds of Adventure. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "Dubai's Worlds of Adventures to open in early 2014". Arabian Business. May 2013. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- El Samad, Daria (April 14, 2014). "Dubai's IMG Worlds of Adventure theme park secures $326m funding from ADIB". arabianindustry.com. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- Quirke, Joe (June 11, 2014). "$1.9bn Dubai Living Legend project nearing completion after six year delay". Chartered Institute of Building. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- Barnard, Lucy (May 7, 2013). "World's largest indoor theme park in Dubai to star Marvel's Iron Man, Spider-Man and the Hulk". The National. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- Kassem, Mahmoud (April 13, 2014). "Firm behind Dubai's IMG World of Adventures has Dh1.2bn loan arranged by ADIB". The National. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- Algethami, Sarah (April 3, 2014). "IMG Worlds of Adventure receives rides". Gulf News. p. 2. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- Hinson, Tamara (August 12, 2013). "11 top theme parks opening soon". CNN. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- Algethami, Sarah (January 25, 2014). "IMG Worlds of Adventure to open in mid-2014". Gulf News. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "IMG Worlds of Adventure". Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "Lennard Otto IMG Worlds of Adventure". www.blooloop.com. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- Clarke, Kelly (May 6, 2014). "Dubai ready to take on Disney World". Khaleej Times. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "IMG Worlds of Adventure to Cement Dubai's Position as the Complete One-Stop Destination for Entertainment and Leisure". City of Arabia. May 4, 2014. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- (June 10, 2015) Falcon's Creative Group Realizes Avengers Battle of Ultron Attraction at IMG Worlds of Adventure. **MarketWatch.com** Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Cities Blog". UAE Tour and Travels. Retrieved 2018-06-30.