IMO Records was established in 1998 as a mail order business and record shop, now closed, by Jason Robertson, who was better known as DJ Spinback. Robertson was a hardcore disk jockey and music producer from Surrey who was closely associated with the London pirate radio station Dream FM (1994 to 1997/98) which was so successful that it was able to host its own rave parties. Robertson also DJ'd on Kiss FM.
Today, IMO Records is based in Wimbledon, South London, and is a trading name of Robertson of London Limited, a company incorporated on 20 June 2000. Jason Robertson was the first Director of the firm, however, he resigned in August 2010 since when Martin Hamblin has been the sole Director. In October 2012 the company was listed in the London Gazette for striking-off the register at Companies House, however, the striking-off action was discontinued in November that year when outstanding requirements were satisfied.
Originally known for its commitment to vinyl, in 2012 IMO began to offer digital downloads of music from their site, partnering with the digital label services of companies like Label Worx and TuneDome.
- IMO Records, Design Room, 2013. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- Interview with Spinback by Al Twisted, scottishhardcore.co.uk, 1998. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- DJ Spinback discogs.com, 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2013. Archived here.
- Dream FM 1994-1997 londonpirates.co.uk, 2006. Retrieved 13 August 2013. Archived here.
- Company Details, Robertson of London Limited, Company No. 04017900, Companies House, 10 August 2013.
- Robertson of London Limited Directors and Company Secretaries companiesintheuk.co.uk, 2013. Retrieved 10 August 2013.
- Robertson of London Limited companiesintheuk.co.uk, 2013. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- New DSP - IMO Records by Chris Chambers, IMO Records, label-worx.com, 4 May 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2013. Archived here.
- Global Music Distribution: IMO RECORDS tunedome.com. Retrieved 13 August 2013.