Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
New Academic Block & Library, IMT Ghaziabad
|Motto||Growing Intellectually : Lead the Future|
|Type||Unaided - Private Business School|
|Dean||Dr. Ravikesh Srivastava|
|Director||Dr. Atish Chattopadhyay|
|~ 50 (core) & ~ 35 (visiting)|
|Location||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Institute of Management Technology abbreviated as IMT, is a premier Business School with its main campus at Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is consistently ranked as one of the best business schools in India.
IMT is a fully autonomous university and offers several post graduate, doctorate and executive education programmes in management. In addition to its main academic programmes IMT also offers distance learning and collaborative programmes.
IMT Ghaziabad is especially renowned for its marketing related courses and has been ranked 13th by Business Today (2015 rankings). Apart from this it is well known for its International Linkages and has been ranked 5th in the same by CNBC- TV18 (2013 rankings).
"Dr K.Nath Public Trust" created by Shri Mahendra Nath with the initiative to create and nurture various institutions of vocational education, professional and higher learning. The trust's initiatives include running various libraries and helping the poor students undertake higher education at numerous institutes like Indian Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Management. The trust also established Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad under the aegis of Lajpat Rai Educational Society in the year 1980 (AICTE approval in 1983) with the objective to be a leading management institution that contributes to the development of business and society through excellence in grooming leadership, entrepreneurial talent and Research.
IMT has four campuses: The first one is in Ghaziabad (established in 1980); the second campus is in Nagpur (established in 2004); a third campus in Dubai (established in 2006) and a fourth campus in Hyderabad (established in 2011).
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMT Nagpur
- IMT Dubai
- IMT Hyderabad
Established in 1980, the Ghaziabad campus is a 14.7-acre (5.9 ha) fully residential campus and is the primary campus of IMT. The institution is strategically located in Ghaziabad, near the national capital.
This campus has many "Centres of Excellence" like the Centre for Global Supply Chain Management. This being the primary campus, it offers all the programmes of IMT.
- Academic Block
IMT Ghaziabad has two academic blocks to provide learning space. The old one being two storey and the new one being five storey. It comprises lecture theaters, faculty rooms, computer lab, break-out spaces and a conference room to encourage interactions, exchange of ideas and brainstorming sessions. All lecture theaters are air-conditioned. Modern teaching aids involve tools like multi-media notebooks, LCD and over-head projectors, motorized screens, cordless microphones, speakers, wi-fi access, etc. They are effectively employed to make the learning process more interesting and interactive.
The Library is meant to help academic community to keep abreast with the latest development in their area of activities and also provides the main source for individual research at IMT. The Library works round the clock including Saturdays and Sundays to facilitate access to the students. Library has very rich collection of e-books, e-journals, corporate & industry information and country research databases such as Blackwell Reference Online, ABI/INFORM Complete (Proquest), EBSCO Business Source Complete, Emerald Management, Econlit with Fulltext, Elsevier Science Direct, INFORMS Journal Online, Sage Management Journals, Bloomberg Terminal,  Euromonitor International Passport, CMIE (Economic Outlook, India Trades, Industry Analysis Service and Prowess), CRISIL Industry Information Services, World Bank E-Library, IMD World Competitiveness Online, Indiastate.com ref and many more to fulfill research and teaching need of academic community. IMT has license agreement with Harvard Business School Publishing for using case studies, articles, simulations, videos and multimedia cases for classroom teaching. Library also extends their services to outside users (i.e. individual, institutional and corporate membership) with ‘external membership scheme’.
Records as on 04-07-2014
- Online Database-21
- Bound Volumes-3,000
- Audio, Video, CD, DVD-1,858
- Project Reports-2,967
- Annual Reports-255
- Institutional MBS-04
- IT Infrastructure
IMT Ghaziabad’s intranet uses advanced fibre optic cables. It gives a wealth of information via connectivity of 100 Mbit/s to the entire campus including the hostel blocks. IMT Ghaziabad’s Computer Lab is equipped with over 180 multi-media functional computers. The computer lab offers printing, photo-copying and scanning facilities to aid students stay in sync.
IMT Ghaziabad is a fully residential campus with 10 student-housing blocks and a separate block housing MDP participants. The hostels provide both single and double occupancy, 24 hours internet connectivity, uninterrupted power supply, laundry service and cleaning facility. Other than the main campus at Raj Nagar, IMT Ghaziabad also has a campus on Meerut Road. This campus houses Centre for Distance Learning, boys hostel buildings and mess. Hostel buildings on this campus houses most of the first year PGDM course students.
There are various recreational facilities available in the campus both indoor and outdoor. Outdoor sports include cricket, football, volleyball, badminton and basketball and indoor include table tennis, carrom and chess. The campus has a well-equipped gymnasium complete with weights for students. The campus also has an amphitheatre which is seen as the favorite spot with the students and is used for entertainment, performances and open houses. There is a Nescafe stall and a canteen which run round the clock for the students to avail eatables at a reasonable rate. There are student bodies like the cultural committee and sports committee which organize myriad events through the year.
Established in 2004 by Late Shri Mahendra Nath, IMT-N spreads over a sprawling campus of 27 acres in the outskirts of Nagpur. IMT N’s programmes are designed to develop leadership skills to enable students to make informed decisions in complex international environments. The present curriculum of PGDM, PGDM (Finance), PGDM (IT) and PGDM (HR) programmes.
Founded in 2006, The Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Dubai is a premium business school accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research, UAE in September 2007. It is the only Business School of Indian origin to be so accredited.
The institute is located in Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) in a sprawling campus spread over 250,000 square feet. IMT Dubai is a member of premier international accrediting organizations such as International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and European Association for International Education (EAIE).
Established in 2011, the campus is located at Cherlaguda, near Shamshabad Airport in Hyderabad, Telangana. The campus buildings are separated into Academic Block, Library Building, Dining Hall, Hostels, Faculty Housing, and a Sports Complex including cricket ground, football ground, Basket Ball Court, Tennis Court, Badminton Courts The Learning Resource Center or the central library will be accessible to students, faculty, staff, external members and visiting instructors with electronic databases and Books.
- Career360 ranked IMT, 4th best Private B-School in India.
- People Matters ranked IMT, 15th Best B-School to study in
- Career360 ranked IMT, 3rd best Private B-School
- IMT Ghaziabad Ranked 3rd in International Exchange Programmes by The NHRDN - People Matters B-school Rankings 2013
- IMT Ghaziabad Ranked 8th in Overall B-School Ranking, 5th in International Linkages and 7th in Intellectual Capital by CNBC-TV18 Rankings 2013
- Zee News India ranked IMT 9th best B- School and 8th best in Infrastructure
- Business Today ranked IMT 13th best B- School
- Outlook India ranks IMT-Ghaziabad in top three of India’s private B-Schools
- IMT Ghaziabad Ranked 7th overall and 5th in Marketing by Economic Times Rankings 2011
- IMT Ghaziabad ranked 9th overall by Business India's 'Best B-schools survey 2011
- Outlook India ranked IMT 15th in its top 75 Management Institutes of India list
IMT G has a rigorous admission procedure which takes place in a 3-step model. The top 10 percentiles in CAT/XAT/GMAT are given a call for a group discussion in the major cities of the country. The call getters are also based on their profiles. The GD is followed by a personal interview which is taken in most cases by 2 faculty and an alumni. The students having the maximum combined score in GD and PI are then given a final call by the college. However, in 2015, a separate written ability test(WAT) was conducted instead of the group discussion. Rights of admission at all times are reserved by the administration of the college.
IMT currently has 70+ core faculty. Apart from permanent faculty, IMT has visiting faculty from industry and other academic institutions. Around 35 visiting faculty are associated with IMT.
IMT offers following programmes:
- Two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – PGDM-FT (In 2nd yr one can choose among Marketing,Finance,HR,Solutions and Consulting,Strategic Management and Analytics)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Marketing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Dual Country Program (DCP)- Student spend first year on Dubai Campus and second year at Ghaziabad.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Executive
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Part-Time
- Two-year full-time MBA programme
- Doctoral programme (PhD) in Management
- Management Development Programme for Executives
- General Management Programme for Executives (GMPE)
PGDM is the oldest programme. IMT also caters to the needs of business executives through its three-year part-time postgraduate programme (PGDM P/T). Corporate participants can enroll in the Management Development Programme (MDP) to enhance their business skills and learn managerial decision making. IMT's Fellow Program in Management (FPM) programme provides doctoral-level education in business management and related disciplines.
To cater to the needs of international business managers, IMT has a Post Graduate Diploma in Management – International Business (PGDM-IB) programme.
Distance learning (DLP) and E-learning programmes of IMT are designed for students who are unable to take up a full- or part-time MBA courses.
IMT also undertakes national and international projects that cater to governments, corporations and other organizations.
While the Ghaziabad Campus offers all the courses, the Nagpur, Dubai and Hyderabad campuses offer a selection of the above courses.
- Teaching methodology
The entire 2-year PGDM programme of IMT Ghaziabad is based on industry requirements and practices, which were assimilated further, based on inputs from alumni and industry experts. Every session starts with the Pre-foundation programme and Foundation Module which sees more than 20 top corporate leaders who address the incoming students on wide-ranging topics in the first 10–12 days
Faculty of IMT Ghaziabad believes in ‘relearn how to teach’ and, at the same time, an opportunity for the students to ‘relearn how to learn’. This is in line with Professor Srikant Datar’s observations in his book ‘Rethinking the MBA’, which states that students today are much more knowledgeable about the course and can do a lot on their own. So the role of the faculty has to be redefined in terms of ‘leading’ a discussion rather than just ‘telling’. It should also be about leading students into creative work to come up with something more original, leading students to the library and field research, making students capable of sharing with the rest of the class and defending points of view in the classroom. As a result, in addition to case studies, newer methods like simulations are now the part of the curriculum.
All students of IMT Ghaziabad undergo a compulsory simulation programme. As a part of the accreditation process with the global agency AACSB the entire methodology have become structured and documented systematically. Students now have documented assurance of learning.
As opposed to the 2 months Summer Internship Program that all MBA grads undergo, IMT Ghaziabad also has a Long Term SIP (6 months) with a few companies wherein the student gets more exposure with the companies they are interning with.
IMT Ghaziabad has several student driven clubs and committees. They have faculty members as guides and consultants, though they are actually managed by the students.
Placement Committee facilitate summer internship and final placement along with some other activities such as industrial visits and guest lectures for students and management development programs for working professionals. The Long Summer Internship Program (LSIP) proved to be a big success as many organizations hired students for a summer internship stint of Five and a half months which was longer than the usual two-month program.
Alumni Relationship Committee forms the bridge between the past and present of IMT. They maintain the ever expanding database of alumni network, whilst keeping abreast of their achievements in various sectors. Various initiatives taken by the committee are Knowledge Konnect, Mentorship Program, Sampark and Short Term Project. Other events include Alumni meets, organizing HR meets before placements and organizing reunions of the alumni.
Cultural Committee focuses on the holistic development of the students and provides them with an opportunity to showcase their talent and to further reach a healthy mix of fun and work while learning along the way. Apart from organizing various workshops for the students, it includes the events like Zest, Passion, Crescendo and also celebrates various Religious and National Festivals like Lohri, Saraswati Poojan, Navratras, Independence Day, Republic Day and others. The Cultural Committee works towards imbibing cultural and national diversity that would help the budding managers in their professional careers to be tolerant and welcoming in their work in the corporate arena.
Media Relations and Ranking Committee manages media relations and orchestrating the corporate communications message managing IMT’s Public relations through regular releases in the print and visual news media. With the release of admission notification, it acts as a bridge between the institute and the aspirants handling queries, co-ordinating the GD-PI process, managing the Facebook and PaGaLGuY forums. It publishes official IMT newsletter "The Perspective" and manages the official IMT Blog "The Voice of IMT", capturing the take of the institute on the happenings of the campus as well as that of the outside world, reaching out to current students, alumni, faculty and the corporate world. It also manages and updates the content on the institute's website.
International Relations Committee works at three different levels. The level one is an exchange program that includes one or two term exchange with partners. The level two exchange programs are STEP’s (Short term exchange programs) where student from partner schools come to IMT, Ghaziabad for a short period of two weeks, for intensive sessions of classroom lectures, industrial and cultural visits and projects. Level 3 are collaborative programs where in students from IMT and partner institutes work together on field practicums, short term consulting assignments and live projects. It also organizes Spanish, French and German classes, for 3 months typically from October to December, for the students, to help them prepare better for their exchange programs.
Mess Committee strives to satisfy the varied tastes of the 1000+ IMTians. A fortnightly menu is prepared in consultation with the mess workers and the administration. It looks after Mess accounts, keeping track of and ensuring optimal inventory in accordance with menus keeps the committee’s logistics skills on its toes. Mess Committee conducts Pizza Nite, Messomania and Mess Day.
Sports Committee focuses on organizing the sports related activities throughout the year for the students. They conduct Chakravyuh, a 20-year-old flagship event of Sports Committee, popularly known as the "Olympics of B-Schools.
Student Affairs and Welfare Council takes care of the incoming batch right from their Orientation & Induction by providing them with all the facilities they need to settle in our B-School providing them with a platform to interact with senior students. It organizes PASSION, one of the biggest management cum cultural festivals in the B-School fraternity.
E- Cell purpose is to enable young India to dream, to sow the seeds of entrepreneurship within the youth of the country, and to help use education to generate employment while following best business practices, and setting examples. E-cell is closely associated with organizations of repute, such as the National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) and The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE). E-cell also have an incubation centre which for student start-ups in IMT to provides them with all the facilities required to run their business and also to get seed funding and mentorship. E- cell organised events like Concepto.exe, E Conclave, Innovation Lab, En-talks, etc. Startups started from IMT Ghaziabad include Admito.in, Buddy4study.com, Mast Kalandar, CollegeKhabar, I-Explore Consultancy, Tatsam Sports, Jazza Financials, and Connect2MBA.
MarkUp is the marketing club of IMT Ghaziabad. MarkUp is a platform for the budding marketing managers at IMT and also provides real time solutions for the corporates.The marketing events conducted year round include Mark Roadies, Ad-o-holic and Marketing World Cup. Ad-o-holic is an advertising event involving top B-Schools from the country usually held at the start of the academic year. Marketing World Cup, MWC as it is commonly referred to, is a 48-hour non stop marketing extravaganza and the 2nd biggest marketing event in the B School fraternity.
Make A Difference Foundation popularly known as MADF, is the social wing of IMT Ghaziabad. Madf is not only Charity, but sustainable empowerment and social inclusions via awareness. Madf has been involved in Sashakt, Sahyog, Needz and Joy of Summers.
FinNiche is the finance club of IMT Ghaziabad that specializes in disseminating financial knowledge to the student community through competitions, financial conclaves and panel discussions. Another pioneering endeavour of ours is the weekly magazine, FinXpress. It has an eclectic mix of sections ranging from company analysis, news & market of the week to quiz and humour. FinNiche conducts Survivor and Riscon as their major events.
Finnacle Investment is the investment and asset management club of IMT, aims at developing an insight into capital markets amongst the students of IMT Ghaziabad. The asset management activity includes analysis, selection, tracking, and selling decisions of selected stocks listed on a listed stock exchange.
HRuday is the HR club of IMT Ghaziabad. It aims of supplementing our institute’s efforts in creating industrious and adept HR professionals. It conducts Colloquium, Conquest and Horizon.
OPUS is the operations club of IMT-Ghaziabad. Round the year it has undertaken plethora of activities including case study competition (Excelencia), real time simulation event (Cyclops 2.0), live short term projects (STP) and magazine publication.
Enactus is a community of student, academic and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to transform lives and shape a better more sustainable world. Live Project – Waste Paper Recycling : A initiative to make IMT G campus completely waste paper free campus. All the waste paper produced in the campus will be collected and then recycled. The recycled paper will be used to produce notebooks that will in turn be sold to the students. The revenue generated will be shared with NGOs that help the underprivileged. Thus we hope to create a self-sustaining model that will create a positive change in the campus.
Research and Consultancy Enterprise (RACE) is the consulting club of IMT Ghaziabad. The key initiatives are Consulting Workshop by ZeneSys and a magazine called Strategenia.
Vishit Ventures aims towards establishing successful start-ups year after year.
The constant interaction with the corporate sector is done through:
- Shrinkhla, a series of seminars on various important issues facing the industry
- Synergies, a series of round table conferences of industry heads
- Compass, an annual consultancy symposium
- Conquest, a series of live short-term projects in the area of HR
Other competitions are also organized. A few of them are:
- Chakravyuh, B-school sports festival at IMT, Ghaziabad
- Tatva, Inter B-School Summer Internship Presentation Contest, at IMT, Ghaziabad
- Passion is the annual B-school fest of IMT, Ghaziabad
- Start Up Fair is the annual entrepreneurship event of IMT, Ghaziabad
- Marketing World Cup is the Annual Inter B-school Marketing Competition at IMT Ghaziabad
Notable alumni of IMT Ghaziabad
IMT Ghaziabad has a strong alumni network with its alumni taking over many prestigious positions across the world. Some of the prominent alumni include politicians such as Sachin Pilot, business executives like Vineet Durani, Dev Amritesh, Deepak Mangla and eminent personality like Prasoon Joshi and Mini Mathur.
- Sachin Pilot, former Minister of State in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Nimmagadda Prasad, chairman, MAA TV; vice chairman & founder, Matrix Laboratories
- Prasoon Joshi, eminent advertising personality and regional creative director, APAC, McCann Erickson
- Pranava Prakash, Noted Sociopop Artist
- Mini Mathur,Indian Host/Actress/Model
- Rajeev Karwal, CEO Milagrow
- Sanjib Sahoo, Chief Technology Officer, Trademonster, USA
- Sumanta Dey, Chief Marketing (Africa), KGM Industries
- "IMT Ghaziabad news in IndiaToday.in". 27 March 2014.
- "Business India Rankings" (PDF). 22 January 2011.
- "Career 360 Rankings". 22 January 2011.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Programmes". 27 March 2014.
- "Economic Times Rankings" (PDF).
- "Economic Times Rankings". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Founder Chairman". imt.edu. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Mandatory Disclosure" (PDF). Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Academic Block". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Library". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad IT Infrastructure". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT CDL". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Housing". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Recreation". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Nagpur". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Hyderabad". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- Top Private B-Schools in India 2015
- "People Matters 2014 Ranking". 1 April 2014.
- "Career 360 2014 Ranking". 3 September 2014.
- "People Matters 2013 Ranking". 1 May 2013.
- "CNBC TV 18 2013 Ranking". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Zee News 2012 Ranking". 22 August 2012.
- "Business Today 2012 Ranking". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Outlook India 2012 Ranking" (PDF). Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "ET 2011 Ranking" (PDF). Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Business India 2011 Ranking" (PDF). Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Outlook India 2009 Ranking". 28 September 2009.
- "Admission Criterion". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "PGDM Programmes | Best MBA Colleges in India". imt.edu. Retrieved 2016-02-25.
- "Certificate in Network Management". 9 November 2008.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Programme Curriculum / Learning Methodology". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Dr. Biswas speaking on his teaching methodology at IMT Ghaziabad". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Placecom". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Alcom". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Culcom". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad MRRC". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad IRC". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Messcom". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Sportscom". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad SAWC". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad E-Cell". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Mark Up". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad MADF". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad FinNiche". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Finnacle Investment". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad HRuday". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Opus". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Enactus". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Race". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Vishit Ventures". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
Media related to Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad at Wikimedia Commons