|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015)|
|Founded||Los Angeles, California, US (2007)|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|Stuart Ford, CEO
Chris Bosco, Chief Operating Officer
Miguel Palos, Chief Financial Officer
Michael Rothstein, President, International Sales & Distribution
Matt Jackson, President, Production
Mark Stern, President, IM Global Television
David Schulhof, President, IM Global Music
Bonnie Voland, Head of Worldwide Marketing and Publicity
IM Global was launched by founder and CEO, Stuart Ford in April 2007, originally in partnership with German public company Internationalmedia AG, with the intention of building a true globally minded entertainment company at the heart of digital distribution evolution and with a business strategy that married traditional Hollywood financial and creative strengths with an innovative emerging markets focus. IM Global was the 2015 recipient of the Variety Award for Achievement in International Film.
Since April 2010 the company's two shareholders have been Reliance Entertainment, a subsidiary of Indian billionaire Anil Ambani's Reliance ADA group and Ford himself. Reliance Entertainment's other Hollywood partnership of note is as a major investor in Steven Spielberg's DreamWorks Pictures. Since Reliance's investment in IM Global, Ford and his Indian partners have built the company into an entertainment industry powerhouse currently with offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Beijing, Mexico City and Mumbai. The company enjoys particular prominence in Hollywood production, financing and international distribution. IM Global's titles enjoyed number one international box office share in the global film sector outside of the major Hollywood studios in both 2013 and 2014.
International sales and distribution
IM Global operates one of the world's leading international film sales and distribution platforms controlling a library of more than 250 films which collectively have grossed more than $5 billion in worldwide box office. The international division of IM Global has distributed features involving acclaimed directors such as Martin Scorsese, Gary Ross, Mel Gibson, Antoine Fuqua, Robert Redford, Tom Ford, Madonna, John K. Wells, Atom Egoyan, Kevin Smith, Brad Anderson, Walter Hill, José Padilha, Steven Knight, Rebecca Miller and Richard Linklater as well as featuring onscreen talent such as Matthew McConaughey, Liam Neeson, Kevin Costner, Ben Affleck, Keanu Reeves, Tommy Lee Jones, Forest Whitaker, Nicole Kidman, Robin Wright, Oprah Winfrey, Gael García Bernal, Ethan Hawke, Rose Byrne, Andrew Garfield, James McAvoy, Shahrukh Khan, Ashwarya Rai, Amir Khan, Jackie Chan and Andy Lau. The company is an industry leading producer/financier and international sales agent for genre films and urban cinema handling powerhouse franchise titles such as Paranormal Activity, Insidious, Sinister and A Haunted House. IM Global's Anthem subsidiary is also a prominent player in the global distribution of Latin American cinema via Latino film sales joint venture Mundial, Chinese cinema via an exclusive output arrangement with Chinese studio Huayi Bros and Bollywood cinema via the pipeline from shareholder Reliance Entertainment.
Production and financing
As a Hollywood producer/financier the company has produced over 20 features and in establishing itself as one of the most prolific financiers outside of the major Hollywood studios has worked alongside onscreen talent such as Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, Tom Hardy, Colin Farrell, Noomi Rapace, Jason Statham, Sylvester Stallone, Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman in its productions.
The company's Apsara Distribution subsidiary is a leading Pan-Asian rights buying and distribution label that acquires films and releases in fourteen South-East Asian distribution markets, in many of which it enjoys a releasing output relationship with Disney's Buena Vista International.
IM Global Television
In mid 2014 the company launched IM Global Television and hired as a partner and President former Syfy Channel President of Original Content Mark Stern. The operation focuses on developing, producing, financing and distribution scripted content for network, cable and SVOD platforms.
IM Global Music
In December 2014 the company launched IM Global Music the President of which is seasoned music publishing, private equity and studio music executive David Schulhof. IM Global Music focuses on acquiring song catalogues, soundtracks, music supervision services and developing music driven film and television content. In early 2015 the venture announced a strategic film production partnership with leading US record label Republic Records, a division of Universal Music Group.
- Variety - Stuart Ford, IM Global Feted With Variety’s International Film Award - by Variety Staff - May 14, 2015
- Variety - IM Global Seeks to Stand Out at Cannes - by Dave McNary - May 12, 2015
- The Wrap - Reliance Secures Majority Stake in IM Global - by Daniel Frankel - May 6, 2010
- Screen Daily - Indies shine at 2013 Int’l BO - by Jeremy Kay - January 15, 2014
- Screen Daily - Indie international box office hits $1.2bn in 2014 - by Jeremy Kay - January 16, 2015
- Deadline Hollywood - IM Global's Apsara Makes Pan-Asian Output Agreement With Buena Vista International - By Mike Fleming - June 18, 2012
- The Hollywood Reporter - Buena Vista Intl., Apsara Distribution Ink Multi-Picture Deal - by Pamela McClintock - June 18, 2012
- The Hollywood Reporter - Mark Stern named President of Original Programming at Syfy - by Lindsay Powers, Marisa Guthrie - January 13, 2011
- Deadline - IM Global launches TV Venture led by former SyFy President Mark Stern - by Nellie Andreeva - July 28, 2014
- The Hollywood Reporter - Indie Film and TV Player IM Global launches Music Joint Venture - by Ed Christman - December 10, 2014
- Billboard - Republic Records Teams with IM Global - March 2, 2015