|Spanish: Industria Militar de Colombia|
|Predecessor||Taller Nacional de Artes Mecanicas|
|Gustavo Matamoros Camacho (General manager)|
|Products||Munitions, Firearms, Artillery, Explosives, Clothing, Entrenching tools|
Number of employees
Indumil was originally known as National Workshop of Mechanic Crafts (Spanish: Taller Nacional de Artes Mecanicas). It was founded in 1908 as a dependency of the Ministry of War. The institution was renamed Indumil in 1954 as an autonomous organisation.
In 1954 Indumil's main facilities were opened. Its first factory named General Jose Maria Cordova was intended to produce small arms and ammunition. This facility is located in Soacha Cundinamarca In 1955 a second facility was set up under the name Santa Barbara. This second unit makes heavy munitions and artillery equipment for Colombian military forces..
In 1964 an explosives factory under the name Antonio Ricaurte was inaugurated. In 1968 this facility became an integral part of Indumil.
During the 80s and 90s the Colombian government started a commercial relationship with Israeli Military Industries. Through a staged process Indumil developed licensed production of IMI Galil rifles for the use of the Colombian military.
List of products:
- Llama Revolver models Cassidy, Scorpion and Martial
- 5.56×45mm NATO SS109
- 7.62×51mm NATO M80
- .38 Special
- .32 Long Colt
- 12 gauge
- 16 gauge
- 20 gauge
- M26 grenade H.E
- 40mm H.E - AP grenade.
- IM 60 mm H.E. mortar shell.
- IM 81 mm H.E. mortar shell.
- IM 120 mm H.E. mortar shell.
- IM 125 lb PG aerial bomb.
- IM 250 lb PG aerial bomb.
- IM 500 lb PG aerial bomb.
- 50g - 11 kg Satchel charge
All mortar shells, grenades and aerial bombs are also produced in variations made for training.
Indumil's flagship small firearm is the Llama Revolver. A 6 to 10 shot capacity, caliber .38 Special revolver which is produced mainly at the General Jose Maria Cordova factory.
Indumil is one of two companies that produce the IMI Galil rifles outside Israel, the other being Denel of South Africa. After two decades of stage by stage manufacturing cycle the company now fully produces all the necessary parts of the IMI Galil rifle. The company produces the ARM (assault rifle and machine gun).
- :: INDUMIL - Industria Militar
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2011-06-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- (In Spanish) Nuevo Fusil Galil ACE
- Indumil made ballistic tests to vehicles of the Marines. - Armada Nacional de Colombia
- Ammunition identification and tracing: Indumil of Colombia | ComunidadeSegura.org