This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||1994, (Bylaws) 2002 (Registration)|
|Type||Network of European NGOs, grassroot organisations|
|Focus||sustainable energy environmentalism|
|Method||newsletter, education, research, lobbying|
|85 NGOs from 35 European countries|
|Ursel Beckmann (president) Gunnar Boye Olesen, Ion Zamfir (coordinators)|
|Slogan||100 % renewables|
INFORSE- Europe is an international, non-profit organisation (NGO) network of European environmental organizations promoting sustainable energy development within Europe; and worldwide in cooperation with other INFORSE regions. INFORSE-Europe consists of 85 NGO members in 35 European countries.
INFORSE-Europe develops scenarios for a transition to a 100% renewable energy supply by 2050, lately by 2030. The scenario model's name is INFORSE Vision 2050.,. The models are developed for global, EU-27, and several European countries together with members like Denmark, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Latvia, Lithuania, Estland and others. The UK member, Center for Alternative Technology, developed the ZeroCarbonBritain. To reach local or regional 100% renewable energy, energy planning was facilitated by members in three regions of Belarus, and in Poland with local public participation.  To facilitate networking among NGOs and researchers the Low Carbon Societies Network was established initiated together with Germanwatch, CAN-France, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research and CIRED in France.
The network maintains a publicly open online database of NGO's and governmental and research organizations, and organises NGO seminars, events at EU Green Week and '09, EUSEW, and at the Conferences of UNFCCC, and at Rio+20 together with other NGOs.
Many of the members are active in education. Therefore, collection of school materials on energy and climate, and of sustainable energy successes, were developed as well as an online course (DIERET), and has cooperation with SPARE, a sustainable energy education project in 16 countries.
INFORSE-Europe is registered in the EU Transparency Register since 2008, and participates in the Coolproducts coalition of European environmental NGOs ( European Environmental Bureau, BEUC, European Environmental Citizens’ Organisation for Standardisation, CAN-Europe, FOE-Europe and others) lobbying for ambitious EU Ecodesign and energy labelling directive regulations. Positions are prepared together with these organisations., , ,  The network's opinions are also collected on a web-based resources on EU policy,
- Sustainable Energy News published since 1992.
- DIERET Online Education in English, Russian, and Slovakian.
- NGO Views: Climate Change Policy in New EU Countries and Macedonia, published in 2010.
- Sustainable Energy Handbook for NGOs and Local Groups (INFORSE), published in 1993 in Danish, English, Polish, Hungarian, and Russian.
INFORSE was established by NGOs at the Earth Summit (Global Forum), which was a parallel forum to the UNCED Conference in 1992. INFORSE has consultative status to United Nations' ECOSOC since 1998 and at UNFCCC since 2002. INFORSE-Europe made its Bylaws in 1994., and became officially registered in Denmark in 2002. A five-member Board and two coordinators are elected at the bi-annual General Assembly since then. The INFORSE-Europe became Campaign Associates to the Sustainable Energy Europe Campaign Initiative in 2005. European NGO Energy Policy Seminars are organised since 1992. INFORSE-Europe received the European Solar Prize from EUROSOLAR in 2009 in the category: One world cooperation.
Among the 85 members from 35 European countries there are Danish Organisation for Renewable Energy (OVE), Nordic Folkecenter for Renewable Energy, Samsø Energy Academy in Denmark, Centre for Alternative Technology in the United Kingdom, Norwegian Society for the Conservation of Nature (FoE) in Norway; GERES, CLER, Helio from France; Polish Ecological Club (PKE-OG) and KISE from Poland; Atgaja, Green Policy Institute in Lithuania; Mother Earth, Brabant Ecologi, APERe, EREF in Belgium; Zelena Akcija (FoE) in Croatia, Za Zemiata For The Earth in Bulgaria; Eco-svest, Proaktiva, Front21/42 in Macedonia; Green Movement (LGM) in Latvia, and ARIN, TERRA, and Prietenii Pamantului (For the Earth) in Romania.
- INFORSE Vision 2050 - 100% Renewables
- EnergyPlan.eu Energy balance model of INFORSE
- INFORSE's 100 % Renewable Energy Vision in EU-27
- Presentation: A just and democratic transition to renewable energy Transition till 2030-2050 in the EU countries, INFORSE Vision, Presentation of Gunnar Boye Olesen, INFORSE-Europe in Barcelona, 2010
- National low carbon scenarios, Collection of ENCI-Low Carb Network
- 100 % Renewable Energy by 2030 in Denmark, in Danish, ve.dk, pdf brochure
- INFORSE Scenarios to 100 % Renewable Energy by 2030 in Denmark, VedvarendeEnergi in English
- Article: Fast Transition to Renewable Energy with Local Integration of Large-Scale Windpower in Denmark Gunnar Boye Olesen, SustainableEnergy & INFORSE for 13th International Workshop on Large-Scale Integration of Wind Power into Power Systems, Berlin, November 12, 2014, pdf file
- Vision 2040 in Hungary 2.0 in Hungarian, pdf file
- Vision 2040 Hungary Versions 2.0 and 1.0 in English
- Vision 2040 United Kingdom zerocarbonbritain.org
- Local energy and climate planning in 3 regions of Belarus
- Local energy and climate planning in 3 regions of Belarus, Center for Environmental Solutions in Russian
- INFORSE in the JOIN IN Project on ISD's website
- Low Carbon Societies Network website
- INFORSE's World Contact Database
- INFORSE-Europe Seminars
- INFORSE at EU Green Week 05
- INFORSE at EU Green Week 09
- INFORSE at EUSEW Green Week 08
- Ecodesign & Energy Labelling: Cornerstones of EU Energy & Climate Policy, Sustainable Energy Week event 2013 on Coolproducts Campaign with EEB, INFORSE-Europe, and others in cooperation with European Commission, DG Energy, Ecodesign Team.
- INFORSE's School Resources
- INFORSE's European Successes Database.
- DIERET Online Education
- SPARE school program in 16 countries
- EU Transparency Register INFORSE Entry
- Coolproducts Coalition
- Comments to the EU Ecolabel of Hydraunic Heating Systems (May 2013). Prepared by Blanca Morales and Gunnar Boye Olesen on behalf of EEB and INFORSE.
- EU Ecolabel for Imaging Equipment, EEB, INFORSE and BEUC position on criteria proposal to be voted on 20th of June 2013 by Blanca Morales (BEUC) and Gunnar Boye Olesen (INFORSE)
- Comments from ECOS, EEB, INFORSE-Europe, WWF European Policy Office and Friends of the Earth Europe on the revision of the EU Energy Labelling layout, June 2009
- ECEEE’s web site: Position of ECOS, EEB, Friends of the Earth Europe, WWF EPO, CAN Europe and INFORSE Europe on possible ecodesign requirements for air heating - cooling products and high temperature process chillers
- EU Policy Overview
- Sustainable Energy News
- DIERET Online Education
- DIERET Online Education in Russian on rea.org
- DIERET Online Education in Slovak
- NGO Views: Climate Change Policy in New EU Countries, 2010
- Sustainable Energy Handbook for NGOs and Local Groups (INFORSE)on Humaninfo and Community Development Library
- INFORSE-Europe By Laws updated in 2005
- Link to the video presentation on INFORSE made by EUROSOLAR
- INFORSE-Europe Membership List
- Folkecenter on INFORSE-Europe membership
- Samsø Akademy in INFORSE-Europe membership