|Invention and New Product Exposition (INPEX)|
|Genre||Trade show |
|Previous event||7-9 June 2016|
|Next event||13-15 June 2017|
|Participants||About 300 |
This trade show also hosts contests for domestic and international inventors (45 different categories), as well as seminars and workshops for both inventors and business attendees within the George Foreman Inventors University. The annual sponsor and producer of INPEX, InventHelp, also helps inventors to protect their ideas, and if necessary, obtain a patent prior to their participation in the show.
Inventions at INPEX range from simple products to highly technical devices that can be displayed as models or prototypes or as a finished product for the mass market.
The show was held from June 18–20 with such keynote speakers as George Foreman, a retired American professional boxer, who is now engaged in entrepreneurship activity; and Maxine Clark, the founder of Build-A-Bear Workshop.
About 300 inventors were competing for medals in 40 categories, with inventors from the Philippines, Spain, Taiwan and Qatar. About 1000 business and marketing companies were named as potential visitors of this year’s show.
The show was held at the Monroeville Convention Center from June 16–18 with keynote speakers including AJ Khubani, the CEO and President of TeleBrands Corporation, a company well known for “As Seen on TV” products.
About 275 inventors pitched their ideas and were eligible for medals in 45 categories. The show had contests for domestic and international inventors, including from the Philippines, Spain, Taiwan, and Korea. About 800 business and marketing companies were named as potential visitors of this year’s show.
The 2016 edition of InventHelp’s INPEX was held from June 7 to June 9, 2016 and featured over 1,000 inventions from over 20 countries. The event was again headlined by the former two-time World Heavyweight Champion, Olympic gold medalist and successful entrepreneur George Foreman. The event was also attended by other conveners such as QVC, Brookstone, Cuisinart, Partsmaster, Allstar Products Group, Schroeder and Tremayne, Inc. The event allowed hundreds of inventors to showcase their inventions and new products in an effort to attract investors and partners.
The event allowed numerous inventors to showcase their inventions and products in an effort to attract investors and partners.
Larry Carswell took home the Grand Prix award for the "Mudder"; the world’s first cable-free ATV/UTV paddle winch.
- Kevin Harrington; Mark N. Cohen (1990). The 100 best spare-time business opportunities today. Wiley. p. 116. ISBN 9780471611332.
- Erin McClary (20 July 2011). "Birmingham man takes national prize for green invention". Candgnews.com. C&G Publishing. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Justine Coyne (20 June 2013). "Inventors bring their best ideas to INPEX". Pittsburgh Business Times. American City Business Journals. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Geoff Williams (1 May 2006). "Tag Along to an Invention Trade Show". Entrepreneur. Archived from the original on 18 May 2013. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Michael Cavallaro (2010). How to Get Your Amazing Invention on Store Shelves: An A-Z Guidebook for the Undiscovered Inventor. Atlantic Publishing Company. p. 84. ISBN 9781601383020.
- "Mother's winning chatroom device". BBC News. 30 May 2004. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Michele Stewardson (1 August 2013). "Greensburg inventor creates success with 'cellhelmet'". TribLIVE. Trib Total Media.
- Jerome Lessard (3 July 2012). "Bloomin' great invention". The Intelligencer.
- Anne L. Macdonald (1992). Feminine ingenuity: women and invention in America. Ballantine Books. p. 351. ISBN 9780345358110.
- Kristin Buehner (22 December 2013). "'Jay Leno calling ...'". Mason City Globe-Gazette. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Justine Coyne (18 June 2014). "Photos: Here's a look at some of the inventions you'll find at this year's Inpex". Pittsburgh Business Times. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- Gary R Bronga (2010). Lou Belcher, ed. Bringing a Product to Market from Your Home. Clipeze Worldwide Inc. p. 106. ISBN 9780615347219.
- Don Debelak (2005). Bringing Your Product to Market...In Less Than a Year: Fast-Track Approaches ... John Wiley & Sons. p. 1. ISBN 9780471738701.
- Steve Greenberg (2008). Gadget Nation: A Journey Through the Eccentric World of Invention. Sterling Publishing Company, Inc. p. 149. ISBN 9781402736865.
- Stephen C. Harper (2005). Extraordinary Entrepreneurship: The Professional's Guide to Starting an Exceptional Enterprise. John Wiley & Sons. p. 86. ISBN 9780471706014.
- Janet Eastman (2 April 2014). "Stand up for your melons: Plastic pedestal prevents belly rot". The Oregonian. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- Stephen Pope (25 June 2014). "300 inventors from 30 countries attend trade show in Pittsburgh". Digital Journal. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- Kaitlynn Riely (20 June 2013). "Invention convention INPEX gathers in Pittsburgh". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Archived from the original on 26 December 2013. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Richards, Mike. "Trade Show's 30th Anniversary Brings Innovation To Monroeville". wesa.fm. Retrieved 2016-01-25.
- Ryan Cortes (1 July 2014). "Boca Inventor Wins Award for Hassle-Free-Headphones Creation". New Times Broward-Palm Beach. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- Delano, Jon. "Invention Convention Brings Together Inventors With Product Developers & Marketers". CBS Pittsburgh. Retrieved 2016-01-25.
- "INPEX - America's Largest Invention Show". Monroeville Convention Center. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- Daniels, Diane. "Former boxing champ Foreman encourages inventors". New Pittsburgh Courier. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- Charles, Jeff. "INPEX Seeks to Play Matchmaker for Inventors and Companies". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- Nussbaum, Katie. "Savannah inventor is no stick in the mud". Business in Savannah. Retrieved 15 July 2016.