|Music Distribution, Analytics, & Rights Services|
|Founder||Robb McDaniels, Matt Burns, Adam Hiles|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, CA|
|Bob Roback (CEO), Jay Blomquist (CTO), Jeffrey Cuatto (CFO), Amy Dietz (GM), SK Sharma (CAO)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Universal Music Group|
Ingrooves Music Group is a North American global distribution, technology and marketing company which provides custom services for artists and independent record labels, owned by Universal Music Group. The company's three divisions include distribution services, rights management services, and INresidence, an artist services division. They utilize a proprietary distribution system and maintain a focus on analytics and reporting technology.
In 2008, Universal Music Group (UMG) selected Ingrooves's parent company, Isolation Network Inc., to digitally distribute all of its music in North America. In 2010, Shamrock Capital—an investment fund founded by Roy E. Disney—made a significant investment in the company, which allowed Ingrooves to acquire Fontana Distribution in 2012. Ingrooves subsequently expanded its services to include physical distribution.
In 2012, the company launched an Artist Services division, INresidence, a project-based service for established artists and emerging artists releasing music independently. They established a Rights Services division dedicated to music publishing, synch licensing and neighboring rights in 2013.
As of 2017, Ingrooves operated offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, London, Berlin and Melbourne. In February 2017, Ingrooves partnered with Onelove Music Group and its artists. In July 2017, Ingrooves hired David Lessoff and Dave Roberge as Senior Vice President of business and legal affairs and Senior Vice President of the company's label development team. In February 2018, Ingrooves signed a distribution deal with Talento Uno.
In March 2018, Shamrock Capital began seeking offers for Ingrooves, around approximately $100 million to sell. On February 12, 2019, Universal Music Group acquired the remaining shares of the company.
- Greenberg, Zack O' Malley (May 7, 2012). "Ingrooves: Proof You Can Make Money On Music, Even If You're Not Apple". Forbes. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Christman, Ed (July 19, 2013). "INgrooves Launches Music Publishing Services Company, Olivier Chastan To Run (Exclusive)". Billboard. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Morris, Christopher (March 2, 2012). "INgrooves acquires Fontana Distribution". Billboard. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Wilson, Lizette (September 6, 2006). "Ingrooves: Virtual record label finds rhythm with indie artists". San Francisco Business Journal. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Pham, Alex (March 2, 2012). "INgrooves buys Fontana Distribution from Universal Music Group". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Johnson, Greg (September 28, 2005). "Roy Disney Led Fund Buys Globetrotters". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Sisario, Ben (March 2, 2012). "Digital Notes: Online Distributor Makes Deal With Universal for Physical Sales". New York Times. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Morris, Chris (November 19, 2012). "INgrooves Fontana launches marketing arm: Kate Nash to inaugurate indie distrib's new venture". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Pakinkas, Tom (November 19, 2012). "Ingrooves Fontana launches Artist Services division". Music Week. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Dolby, Jerry (August 18, 2014). "Wiz Khalifa's Taylor Gang Records taps INgrooves Music Group for distribution". AXS. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Ingrooves partners with Onelove Music Group | Complete Music Update". www.completemusicupdate.com. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- "INgrooves Music Group hires David Lessoff and Dave Roberge in senior roles - Music Business Worldwide". Music Business Worldwide. 2017-07-18. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- "Ingrooves signs distribution deal with Latin music startup Talento Uno - Music Business Worldwide". Music Business Worldwide. 2018-02-01. Retrieved 2018-10-19.
- "INgrooves, Talento Uno Strike Distribution Deal". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-10-19.
- "INgrooves Up For Sale With $100M Price Tag: Sources". Billboard.
- Christman, Ed. "Universal Music to Acquire Distributor Ingrooves in Move to Strengthen Commitment to Indie Labels'". Retrieved February 12, 2019.
|This article about an entertainment company in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|