Rokia Traoré performing in 2009.
|Genre||Rock, World, Electronic, Reggae, Folk, Hip Hop, Dance|
|Dates||Late June (2–3 days)|
|Location(s)||Lake Jarun, Zagreb, Croatia|
|Attendance||c. 100,000 (2017)|
The InMusic Festival (stylized as INmusic festival) is Croatia's biggest international open-air festival. The festival is held annually in June in Zagreb and takes place on Youth Island (Croatian: Otok hrvatske mladeži) in the middle of Zagreb's Lake Jarun.
The festival was started in 2006 and is usually held over two or three days. It includes several genre-specific stages with internationally renowned indie rock, heavy metal and electronica artists. In 2008 The Times included INmusic among the top 20 European summer festivals, and it made the CNN's 2013 list of 50 greatest summer music festivals in the world.
- Headliners: Franz Ferdinand and Morrissey
- Also performed: Archie Bronson Outfit, The Ex
- Local artists: Edo Maajka, Darkwood Dub, Ramirez
Second edition was held 27–28 August 2007. The festival acquired sponsorship by Vipnet, a mobile network operator, and was dubbed "Vip INmusic". Also, this was the first edition which took place at Jarun.
- Headliners: Sonic Youth and The Stooges
- Also performed: Happy Mondays, Asian Dub Foundation, New York Dolls, Roisin Murphy, !!! (Chk Chk Chk), Kultur Shock, The Hold Steady, Gilles Peterson, Banco de Gaia
- Local artists: Majke, The Beat Fleet, Gustafi, Obojeni program, Letu štuke, and others
Third edition, also titled "Vip INmusic", was held 3–4 June 2008 at Jarun.
- Headliners: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and The Prodigy
- Also performed: Stereo MCs, Serj Tankian, Hot Chip, Tinariwen, Amadou & Mariam, The Go! Team, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, Sons and Daughters, Dreadzone, Jazzanova, XX Teens, Ed Kuepper & Jeffrey Wegener
- Local artists: Let 3, Kiril Džajkovski, Vještice, Atheist Rap, and others
For the 2009 edition, held 24–25 June 2009 at Jarun, Vipnet's competitors T-Mobile took over as main sponsors and the festival was renamed "T-Mobile INmusic". Scottish band Franz Ferdinand made their second appearance at the event.
- Headliners: Franz Ferdinand, Moby, Kraftwerk, N.E.R.D, Lily Allen
- Also performed: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Tricky, Editors, Dimmu Borgir, Anthrax, Hatebreed, Art Brut, Sergent Garcia, Rokia Traoré, Adrian Sherwood, Richard Dorfmeister, God Dethroned
- Local artists: Kiril Džajkovski, Kawasaki 3P, and others
Fifth edition was held 21–23 June 2010 at Jarun.
- Headliners: Alice in Chains, Billy Idol, Massive Attack, LCD Soundsystem, The Flaming Lips
- Also performed: Morcheeba, !!! (Chk Chk Chk), Pendulum, Rise Against, Flogging Molly, Broken Social Scene, Audio Bullys, New Young Pony Club, Caribou, Skindred, Martina Topley-Bird
- Local artists: The Beat Fleet, Kawasaki 3P, Gustafi, The Bambi Molesters, and others
The festival's sixth edition was held 21–22 June 2011.
- Headliners: Jamiroquai, Cypress Hill, Arcade Fire, Grinderman
- Also performed: The Streets, TV on the Radio, Mastodon, Jello Biafra, Buraka Som Sistema, Gentleman, The Dø
- Local artists: Dubioza kolektiv, Overflow, Elemental
The festival's seventh edition was held 29–30 June 2012. The festival went back to its original name, "INmusic festival", as T-Mobile withdrew its sponsorship in early 2012. INmusic festival was selected in the Top 50 World's best music festivals according to CNN International.
- Headliners: Franz Ferdinand, New Order, Gorillaz Sound System
- Also performed: Gorillaz Sound System, Mando Diao, Gogol Bordello, Archie Bronson Outfit, Retro Stefson, General Elektriks, Ines Mezel, Tamikrest, Fanga, Dry the River, Human Woman, Reptile Youth, Stuttgart Online
- Local artists: Vlasta Popić, Markiz, Ruiz, Valetudo, Hype, Pozdrav Azri, Punčke, Igut, Sick Swing Orchestra
The festival's eighth edition was held from 24th till 26 June 2013.
- Headliners: Arctic Monkeys, Iggy & The Stooges
- Also performed: Basement Jaxx, Bloc Party, Editors, NOFX, Airbourne, Stealing Sheep, A Toys Orchestra, Mile Me Deaf, Rangleklods, Conquering Lion, Dikta, Roger the Mascot
- Local artists: Atheist Rap, Team Ghost, Dža ili Bu, S.A.R.S., Frenkie, Moveknowledgment, Pozdrav Azri, Gatuzo, Dosh Lee, She Loves Pablo, Radio Aktiv, Barbari, Antenat, Mašinko, Cherkezi United, D Elvis, B and the Boops, Achromatic Attic, Udriground
Ninth edition was held from 23rd till 25 June 2014. Festival got even bigger by expanding its camp on the neighboring Island of Trešnjevka which was connected to the Island of Croatian Youth by a 100 meters long pontoon bridge.
- Headliners: The Black Keys, Pixies, MGMT
- Also performed:Foals, The Fratellis, Wolfmother, Flogging Molly, Bombay Bicycle Club, Digitalism, Crystal Fighters, Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni Ba, Bomba Estereo, Vitalic, Bombino, Jagwar Ma, Kuroma, Linkoban, Animal Music, Roger the Mascot, Streets of Mars, Stop Drop Robot.
- Local artists: Partibrejkers, Rambo Amadeus, Vlada Divljan, Ljetno Kino, Gatuzo, Kandžija i Gole Žene, S3ngs, N'toko, Žen, Baden-Baden, Elephant and the Moon, Pars Petrosa, Ti, Hype, Them Moose Rush, Your Gay Thoughts, The Canyon Observer, YEM kolektiv
The tenth INmusic festival was held from 22nd till 25 June 2015.[needs update]
- Headliners: Placebo, FFS (band), Rudimental, Paolo Nutini
- Also performed: Of Monsters and Men, La Roux, Future Islands, Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Death Cab for Cutie, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Eagles of Death Metal, Kate Tempest, Mike Skinner, Batida, Aziza Brahim, Katalina Kicks, The Mirror Trap, Royal Prospect, Comminor, Among Souls, Northlight, Telephonehookers, John Bull Gang, Dum i Huet, Charlie Harlow, Neweva, In Hours, Decaville, Antrox
- Local artists: Halka, Rambo Amadeus, Zadruga, Repetitor, Ljetno Kino, Jonathan, Ludovik Material, Sassja, Them Moose Rush, Killed a Fox, Muscle Tribe of Danger and Excellence, Ashes You Leave, NLV, Mnogi Drugi, Mel Camino, Clone Age, Mel & Django Jet, Čao Portorož, Jardier, And the Kid, Human, The Belle Infidels, Plastic Knives, Discohernia, DJ Ilko, YEM kolektiv...
Monday, June 20: Gutterdämmerung ft. Henry Rollins, Jake Bugg, The Coral, Django Django, Pennywise, Monoswezi, Nikki Louder, FùGù MANGO, The Bambi Molesters, Chui...
Tuesday, June 21: Florence + The Machine, Skunk Anansie, Barns Courtney, Kawasaki 3p, Orkesta Mendoza, My Baby, Gretta, Spleen G...
Wednesday, June 22: PJ Harvey, The Kooks, Wilco, Yeasayer, Pat Thomas & The. Kwashibu Area Band, Shearwater, Gustafi, Žen...
INmusic festival #12 will once again take place in Zagreb, Croatia on 19–21 June 2017.
- Headliners: Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Kasabian, Alt-J
- Also performing: Michael Kiwanuka, Slaves (UK band), Flogging Molly, Public Service Broadcasting (band)
- Local artists: Repetitor
- "Završen do sada najposjećeniji INmusic festival" (in Croatian). 22 June 2017. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- Scurlock, Gareth. "Europe's 20 best summer music festivals 2008". The Times. London. Retrieved 2010-03-08.
- "50 greatest summer music festivals". travel.cnn.com. CNN. 10 June 2013. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "Franz Ferdinand i Morrissey po cijeni od 350 kuna". Jutarnji list (in Croatian). 14 April 2006. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Svi na Vip INmusic Festival, 27. i 28.8. Otok hrvatske mladeži, Jarun, Zagreb". ZbrdaZdola.com (in Croatian). Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- Blažević, Krešimir (18 April 2008). "Pustinjski blues Tinariwena na Vip INmusicu". Muzika.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Pogledajte raspored izvođača na T-Mobile INmusic festivalu". T-Portal.hr (in Croatian). 8 June 2009. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "T-mobile INmusic satnica". Muzika.hr (in Croatian). 20 June 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "2011 Programme". INmusic Festival. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- http://trend.seebiz.eu/glazba/ht-zbog-stednje-odustaje-od-inmusic-festivala/ar-25109/ (in Croatian)
- "Program". Retrieved 8 January 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to INmusic festival.|