IOI Mall Puchong
|Address||Bandar Puchong Jaya, 47100 Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia|
|Opening date||Year 1998|
|No. of stores and services||150+|
|No. of anchor tenants||AEON, Golden Screen Cinemas, Popular, Toys R Us, Brands Outlet, PADINI Concept Store, Trio, Old Navy, UNIQLO, DeFacto, The Port Family Karaoke, Mr D.I.Y, Kaison|
|No. of floors||4|
IOI Mall Puchong, which was opened in the year 1998, is situated in Bandar Puchong Jaya, 47100 Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia and is four stories tall. It has two buildings, the former named Old Wing and the latter New Wing. It has about 250 shops and the number is still increasing. It also has an outdoor parking lot and a rooftop one in the Old Wing, whereas the New Wing features a basement parking lot. It is located near the newly constructed IOI Puchong Jaya LRT Station.
IOI Mall Puchong was founded in the year 1998. It was built to serve the residents of Puchong which numbers were small back then. The Old Wing of the mall was managed by Jusco, a subsidiary of ÆON, before it was renamed ÆON in March 2012. A new wing expansion opened in 2009.
The mall was constructed with Spanish and Colonial architectural influences. In December 2017, renovation works began at the mall in which parts of the mall were each upgraded to a modern architectural style and all main lighting fixtures were changed to LED lighting. Parts of the mall have reopened, with full completion expected by the end of 2018.
StarMetro Slam Dunk Competition and the AND1 Streetball Challenge were held in IOI Mall Puchong in June 2015. The slam dunk competition was one of the side show events that added to the thrill of the annual AND1 basketball challenge.
Gintell De’Wise Care Butterfly Massage Chair and Gintell De’Vano S FUNtastic Sofa were introduced in IOI Mall Puchong. Gintell brand ambassadors Datuk Jalaluddin Hassan and Amber Chia were also present at the launch here during Gintell’s health fair.
On 9 February 2017, IOI Mall Puchong invited special guests to celebrate Chinese New Year, including 40 underprivileged children from Kampung Broga Semenyih, Kampung Baru Semenyih and Kampung Cempaka. Twenty senior citizens from the Kim Loo Ting Temple were also present to enjoy performances performed by Kun Seng Keng Kuala Lumpur, which includes a lion dance extravaganza, a dragon dance and a prosperity drum performance. The mall also gave away necessities and red packets to the old folks, children’s homes and poor families, before treating them to a Chinese New Year spread at the Dynasty Dragon Restaurant that evening.
In February 2013, continuous heavy rain at Pusat Bandar Puchong has resulted in flash floods with water levels rising to as high as 1.5 metres, stretching from IOI mall to Bandar Puteri and had caused massive traffic jams in the area.
On 15 November 2016, the mall was yet again victim to another flash flood which triggered a massive jam. The flood last about an hour and subsided at 5pm when the rain eventually stopped.
- "IOI Puchong Jaya LRT Station - klmrt.com.my". klmrt.com.my. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- "Participants of AND1 Streetball Challenge show lots of skill - Scoreboard - The Star Online". thestar.com.my. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- Lim, Jessie. "A more relaxing massage - Community - The Star Online". thestar.com.my. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- "Nail-biting acrobatic acts thrill crowd - Community - The Star Online". thestar.com.my. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- "Flash flood hits Pusat Bandar Puchong". astroawani.com. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- "IOI Mall hit by flash flood - Nation - The Star Online". thestar.com.my. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- "Hellish traffic strikes LDP's Puchong stretch due to flash floods". nst.com.my. 15 November 2016. Retrieved 31 March 2017.