IPCL Sports Complex Ground
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd Sports Complex Ground|
|Location||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
|Operator||Baroda Cricket Association|
|Tenants||Indian Cricket Team|
Baroda cricket team
|First ODI||28 October 1994:|
India v New Zealand
|Last ODI||10 December 2010:|
India v New Zealand
|As of 20 June 2014|
Source: Reliance Stadium, Cricinfo
The stadium has hosted 10 ODI matches since 1994, the last one in 2010 (part of the India New Zealand series December 2010), but has yet to stage a Test match.
One of the four first-class and two international grounds in Vadodara, the IPCL Sports Complex Ground is part of the sprawling IPCL complex, situated about 10 kilometers from the city centre. The ground was owned and maintained by the Reliance Industries and has taken preference over the oldest cricket ground in Asia the Moti Bagh Stadium for ODIs.
The batsmen have traditionally enjoyed this high-scoring venue with a true wicket that holds up throughout the length of a 50-over game.
One Day International cricket
The stadium has hosted following ODI matches till date.
|Team (A)||Team (B)||Winner||Margin||Year|
|India||New Zealand||India||By 7 Wickets||1994|
|Netherlands||New Zealand||New Zealand||BY 119 Runs||1996|
|India||Zimbabwe||India||By 13 Runs||1998|
|India||South Africa||India||By 4 Wickets||2000|
|India||West Indies||West Indies||By 5 Wickets||2002|
|India||Sri Lanka||India||By 5 Wickets||2005|
|India||West Indies||India||By 160 runs||2007|
|India||Australia||Australia||By 9 Wickets||2007|
|India||Australia||Australia||By 4 runs||2009|
|India||New Zealand||India||By 9 Wickets||2010|
Category Information Highest Team Score India (341/3 in 50 overs against West Indies) Lowest Team Score India (148 all out in 39.4 overs against Australia) Best Batting Performance Gautam Gambhir (126 runs) Most Prolific Batsman Sachin Tendulkar (442 Runs) Best Bowling Performance Mitchell Johnson (5/26 against India)
- Sachin Tendulkar has scored three centuries in six matches on this ground and won the Man of the Match award on all three occasions. Tendulkar's overall record is 442 runs at an average of 85.60.
- The highest team score posted here is 341/3 on 31 Jan 2007 by the Indian national cricket team against West Indies national cricket team.
- The lowest team score posted here is 148 all out on 11 Oct 2007, also by Indian national cricket team against Australia national cricket team.
- The leading run scorers here have been Sachin Tendulkar- 442 runs, Saurav Ganguly- 290 runs and Gautam Gambhir- 194 runs.
- The leading wicket takers here have been Mitchell Johnson- 7 wickets and Ajit Agarkar- 5 wickets.
|This article about a cricket ground in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|