Founded in 1999 in San Francisco by Brian Krauss and Matt Field, iPath Footwear manufactured simple designs at a time of highly technical skate shoes. The company was founded on principles of high performance and low environmental impact. Additionally, iPath was the first skate shoe company to introduce the Hemp material to the skate shoe market. The company formerly known as IPATH LLC, changed its name to IPATH Footwear, Inc. in April 2007 when it was acquired by The Timberland Company.
The following skaters were sponsored by the brand, making up the iPath skate team: Aaron "Jaws" Homoki, Adam Alfaro, Adelmo Jr., Bob Burnquist, Chitta Raj, Dale Blair, Danny Renuad, Fred Gall, Jack Sabback, Jon Newport, Karl Watson, Kenny Reed, Kris Barkley, Levi Woodal, Matt Field, Matt Pailes, Matt Rodriguez, Nate Jones, Nilton Neves, Quim Cardona, Richie Jackson, Tony Cox, and Wesley Swindell.
- Bradstreet, Kailee (28 March 2013). "Upstarts: Praxis Footwear Team On Innovation & Building Retail Relationships". Adventure Sports Network.
- "The glory days of the Ipath team". X Games. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- Underwood, Kirstin. "IPATH: A Lifestyle Brand with Skate DNA". TreeHugger.
- "Men's Ipath Shoes". www.coachlikeapro.com.
- "Timberland Announces Acquisition of IPATH". www.businesswire.com. 26 April 2007.
- "Bloomberg - IPATH Footwear". www.bloomberg.com.
- "Ipath Search and Enjoy on the East Coast". TransWorld SKATEboarding. 19 September 2013.