This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
iPhone XR in blue
|Manufacturer||Foxconn (on contract)|
|Slogan||Brilliant. In every way.|
|Compatible networks||GSM, CDMA2000, EV-DO, HSPA+, LTE, LTE Advanced|
|First released||October 26, 2018|
|Availability by Region|
|Related||iPhone XS / iPhone XS Max|
H: 150.9 mm (5.94 in)|
W: 75.7 mm (2.98 in)
D: 8.3 mm (0.33 in)
|Weight||194 g (6.8 oz)|
|Operating system||Original: iOS 12|
|System on chip||Apple A12 Bionic|
|CPU||2.49 GHz hexa-core 64-bit|
|Storage||64, 128 or 256 GB|
6.06 in (154 mm) Liquid Retina HD: LED-backlit IPS LCD, 1792×828 px (326 ppi) |
625 cd/m² max. brightness (typical), with dual-ion exchange-strengthened glass.
|Rear camera||12 MP, quad-LED flash, ƒ/1.8 aperture, Optical image stabilization (wide-angle) quad-LED flash, autofocus, IR filter, Burst mode, 6-element lens, 4K video recording at 30 or 60 FPS or 1080p at 30 or 60 FPS, Slow-motion video (1080p at 120 FPS or 240 FPS), Time-lapse with stabilization, Panorama (up to 63 megapixels), Portrait Mode, Portrait Lighting (excluding Stage Light), Facial recognition, Digital image stabilization, Optical image stabilization, Stereo audio recording|
|Website||iPhone XR - Apple|
|This article is part of a series on the|
|List of iPhone models|
iPhone XR (stylized as iPhone Xr, Roman numeral "X" pronounced "ten") is a smartphone designed and manufactured by Apple Inc. It is the twelfth generation of the iPhone. It was announced by Apple CEO Tim Cook on September 12, 2018, at Steve Jobs Theater in the Apple Park campus, alongside the higher-priced iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. Pre-orders will begin on October 19, 2018, with an official release on October 26, 2018.
The phone has a 154 mm (6.06-inch) LCD display, branded as "6.1-inch", and is the least expensive device in Apple's iPhone X line of devices, with a starting price of US$749/CAD$1029/GB£749/€849/RMB6499 in the United States/Canada/United Kingdom/Germany/China. It features the same processor as the XS and XS Max, the Apple A12 Bionic chip built with a 7 nanometer process, which Apple claims is the "smartest and most powerful chip" ever put into a smartphone.
It will be available in six colors: black, white, blue, yellow, coral (a shade of pink and orange), and Product Red. The XR is the second iPhone device to be released in yellow and blue, the first being the iPhone 5C.
The XR has a similar design to the iPhone X. However, it has bigger bezels, aluminum on the sides and is available in different colors. Similar to other X-branded iPhones, all models come with a black front.
The XR has similar hardware to the XS but with some features removed to reduce the price. Instead of 3D Touch, the XR comes with Haptic Touch where the user long presses until they feel a vibration from the Taptic Engine. The XR also has an LCD display known as Liquid Retina instead of the OLED screen used on the X, XS and XS Max. The display on the XR is 326 PPI compared with 458 PPI on other X-branded iPhones. The screen-to-body ratio of the XR is 79.3%, much higher than the 67.5% of the iPhone 8 Plus but still lower than most other phones in its price category. Unlike most other phones in the X-series, the XR ships with a single camera on the back on the phone, featuring similar specs to the primary camera on the XS and XS Max.
The iPhone XR will be shipped with iOS 12 already installed out of the box. iOS 12 was announced by Tim Cook the same day as the iPhone XR. iOS 12 was released to the public to be installed on their devices on September 17, 2018. 
Timeline of iPhone models
- Fingas, Roger. "Foxconn taking charge of vast majority of iPhone production this fall". Apple Insider. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- "Apple introduces iPhone XR". Apple Newsroom. Apple Inc. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- Hardy, Ed (13 September 2018). "Geekbench scores reveal RAM upgrades in new iPhones". Cult of Mac. Retrieved 18 September 2018.
- "iPhone XR: Everything We Know". MacRumors. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- "Learn about Dual SIM with iPhone Xs Max in China, Hong Kong, and Macau". Apple Support. Retrieved September 13, 2018.
- "iPhone - 机型比较". Apple (in Chinese). Retrieved September 13, 2018.
- "iPhone XS vs. iPhone XR: Design, Tech Specs, and Price Comparison". MacRumors. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- "Apple is releasing its brand new iPhone software. Here's what it's like". The Independent. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- "iPhone XR: 6 Colors, Face ID, 'Liquid Retina' Display - Pre-order Oct. 19". Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- "iOS 12 release date, news and features". TechRadar. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- Apple Inc. (2007-2018). iPhone News - Newsroom Archive. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
|This mobile phone–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|