|Industry||Contract Research Organization|
Pharmaceutical Service Consulting
|Headquarters||Durham, North Carolina, USA|
|Dennis Gillings, Founder |
Ari Bousbib, Chairman and CEO
|Products||Support services for pharmaceutical, biotech and medical companies and individuals|
|Revenue||US$9.74 billion (2017)|
|US$1.33 billion (2017)|
|Total assets||US$22.74 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|55,000+  (2017)|
IQVIA, formerly Quintiles and IMS Health, Inc., is an American multinational product based company serving the combined industries of health information technologies and clinical research. It is a provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services, focused primarily on Phase I-IV clinical trials and associated laboratory and analytical services, including consulting services. They have a network of more than 50,000 employees in approximately 100 countries. As of 2017, IQVIA was reported to be one of the world's largest contract research organizations.
In 1982, Dennis Gillings founded and incorporated Quintiles Transnational in North Carolina. Quintiles Transnational established Quintiles Pacific Inc. and Quintiles Ireland Ltd. in 1990. In 1991 Quintiles GmbH was established in Germany and Quintiles Laboratories Ltd. was established in Atlanta, Georgia. In September 1996, Quintiles purchased Innovex Ltd. of Britain for $747.5 million in stock. Quintiles went public in 1997 and completed a successful secondary stock offering.
Over the course of 2016, concluding on October 3, Quintiles underwent a $17.6 billion merger with IMS Health, becoming QuintilesIMS. As a result of the merger, the OneKey worldwide healthcare professionals database developed by Cegedim Relationship Management became part of QuintilesIMS. In November 2017, the company adopted the new name of IQVIA, and changed its ticker symbol on the NYSE from Q to IQV.
- "☒ ANNUAL REPORT PURSUANT TO SECTION 13 OR 15(d) OF THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934" (PDF). U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
- "QuintilesIMS is now IQVIA". Business Wire. 6 November 2017. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- Melissa Fassbender (9 November 2017). "QuintilesIMS now IQVIA as it aims to 'outpace the inevitable progress of change'". Outsourcing-Pharma.com; William Reed Business Media Ltd. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- Matthew Herper (November 22, 2010). "Money, Math and Medicine". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- "Quintiles Pacific, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek".
- "Quintiles Laboratories Limited: Private Company Information - Businessweek".
- Derdak T, Atkins, W (2005). "Quintiles Transnational Corp". Encyclopedia.com.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link)
- Olivia Oran (9 May 2013). "Quintiles IPO raises more-than-planned $947 million as stocks rally". Reuters.
- Henderson, Jennifer (3 October 2016). "Quintiles, IMS Health complete merger". Triangle Business Journal, American City Business Journals. Retrieved 3 October 2016.