|Industry||Business process outsourcing|
|Headquarters||One Progress Plaza - 200 Central Avenue, 7th Floor, St. Petersburg, Florida 33701, United States|
|Hartmut Liebel - CEO|
|Products||Customer Interactions Solutions, Product Support Services and Data Solutions and Analytics|
|Brands||iQor and QeyMetrics|
|Services||Third-party collections, Accounts receivable management, and Customer Service|
|Owner||Privately owned by Huntsman Gay Global Capital|
Number of employees
iQor is a business process outsourcing company which provides customer service, third-party collections and accounts receivable management. Although its headquarters are located in St. Petersburg, Florida, the company operates about 40 call centers in North America, Europe, and Asia, and they were one of the first in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry to expand into the Philippines. Since 2014, iQor has shifted to an end-to-end customer support organization, when iQor acquired the aftermarket services division of Jabil Circuit (rebranded as iQor's Product Support division). Services provided vary from consumer electronics, to medical devices.
In January 2004, Vikas Kapoor became the CEO and President of iQor. Kapoor built the company's computing platforms, developer tools, and cloud computing services. iQor’s employee base grew from 4,000 to 14,000. This success led InformationWeek magazine to rank iQor #27 among the top technology innovators in the US.
In 2012, a CBC news investigation found that iQor routinely and sometimes knowingly repeatedly contacted people who did not owe debt. The investigation noted that in 2012, two Canadian provinces had fined iQor for violating provincial regulations. In 2010, Allied Interstate, a subsidiary of iQor, was fined $1.75 million by the Federal Trade Commission for harassing debtors and trying to collect from the wrong people.
- Yahoo Finance profile
- Harrington, Jeff (9 December 2014). "New York firm iQor moving its international headquarters to St. Petersburg". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "iQor Completes Second Expansion of Its Contact Center in Dasmariñas, Philippines". Businesswire. 28 January 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "iQor Acquires RMS". Globe Newsire. 1 November 2010. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- Collection agency harassed debt-free Canadians
- Bloomberg article: Obama Relies on Debt Collectors Profiting From Student Loan Woe
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|