Intellectual Property Services
Number of locations
Palo Alto, California
|Ravindra Upadrashta (CEO)
Animesh Kumar (CSO)
Shashank Kabra (COO)
|Services||Patent Litigation Support
Technology Research and Due Diligence
|Slogan||Deeper Insight, Better Outcomes.|
iRunway is a boutique technology, finance and litigation consulting firm with primary expertise in intellectual property. It specializes in patent litigation, patent valuation, damages, patent portfolio management and technology due diligence advisory to both law firms and corporations. The company has offices in Austin, Texas; Palo Alto, California; Denver, Colorado and Bangalore, India.
iRunway was established in 2006, with a goal of helping corporations and law firms unlock and protect the value of patents. They help their clients achieve better outcomes by providing technology insight in three areas - patent litigation, portfolio analysis and technology research around Intellectual Property.
Its founding team was Ravi Upadrashta, Animesh Kumar, Kunal Sharma and Shashank Kabra – Alumni of the Indian Institute of Technology and Indian School of Business. iRunway is ISO 27001 certified and has operations in Austin (TX), Santa Clara (CA), Denver (CO) and Bangalore, India.
Versata vs. SAP - iRunway provided technology support and analysis to Versata’s outside counsel – McKool Smith. In 2009, the jury awarded Versata $138.6 million in damages - the 4th highest patent jury verdict in the US that year. During the re-trial in 2011, the jury awarded Versata $345 million in damages - $260 million in lost profits and $85 million in reasonable royalties.
- "Providing backroom support- iRunway". The Economic Times. 2010-11-28. Retrieved 2011-05-04.
as technical consultants, they helped a firm win the fourth-largest patent jury verdict in the US
- "Animesh Kumar, 29, ISB". Outlook India. 2007-09-17. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
i-runway.com, which works in the intellectual property space, is aiming for the sky
- "iRunway India Private Limited". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
iRunway India Private Limited, a technology and litigation consulting company, helps corporations and law firms unlock and protect the value of patents
- "Hall of Fame for ISB Entrepreneurs". Indian School of Business. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
ISB alums have affirmed the School’s vision of grooming future leaders for India and the world
- "ISB Alumni Entrepreneurs". Indian School of Business. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
Animesh Kumar, Class of 2005 Ravindra Upadrashta, Class of 2005 iRunway India Pvt Ltd
- "Versata Wins $138 Million Patent Infringement Suit Against SAP America". Intellectual Property Today. 2009-08-28. Retrieved 2011-05-04.
brilliant team of litigators and technical consultants who worked extremely hard on this case.
- "SAP Hit With $345M Verdict In Versata Patent Suit". Law360. 2011-05-13. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
awarded Versata $260 million in compensation and $85 million in royalties
- "Versata Awarded $345 Million From SAP America". Texas Entrepreneur Networks. 2011-05-25. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
Jurors awarded Versata $260 million in lost profits and $85 million in reasonable royalties