iS-DOS is a disk operating system for Russian ZX Spectrum clones. iS-DOS has been developed in 1990 or 1991, by Iskra Soft (Leningrad, USSR).
It handles floppy disks (double sided, with double density), hard disks, and CD-ROM. Maximum iS-DOS partition size on a hard disk is 16 MiB.
Unlike TR-DOS, iS-DOS is a RAM-based operating system, which reduces amount of memory for user programs.
iS-DOS Chic is a version developed for Nemo KAY. It provides more memory for user programs.
TASiS is a modern version developed by NedoPC for ATM Turbo 2+ in 2006. It supports text mode and high memory of this machine. It is based on iS-DOS Chic.
- Slot Ltd (Moscow) distributed iS-DOS in Moscow and regions in 1990s, and issued paper books.
- Nemo (Saint-Petersburg) distributed iS-DOS in ex-USSR until 2004, and issued Open Letters electronic press.
- iS-DOS Support Team (Saratov Oblast) distributes iS-DOS in ex-USSR and issues iS-Files electronic press.
- NedoPC distributes TASiS as freeware.
- Картавцев И.Ю, Самыловский С.В., Криштопа С.В. "iS-DOS. Руководство пользователя". IskraSoft, Slot, С-Пб, Москва, 1993, 128 стр.
- Криштопа С.В. "Операционная система IS-DOS для ZX-SPECTRUM. Руководство программиста". "IskraSoft" С-Пб, "Slot" Москва, 1994, 84 стр.