ISAF Sailing Hall of Fame
To mark the 100 anniversary of the International Sailing Federation, the ISAF Sailing Hall of Fame was launched in 2007 to celebrate the persons across the world who have achieved greatness in the sport of sailing. Sailors will be inducted into the Hall of Fame every third year of the Executive Committee's tenure.
It has inducted sailors on two occasions:
- Olin Stephens, Ellen MacArthur, Paul Elvstrøm, Barbara Kendall, Éric Tabarly and Robin Knox-Johnston were announced and awarded on 5 November 2007 at a dinner at the Estoril Casino, Estoril, Portugal.
- Dennis Conner, Alessandra Sensini, Harold Vanderbilt, Peter Blake, Buddy Melges, Valentin Mankin and Torben Grael were inducted at the 2015 Annual Conference in Sanya, China.
The next induction will be in 2019.
- "Inductees". ISAF Sailing Hall of Fame.
- "Seven Sailors inducted into World Sailing's Hall of Fame". Sailing.org. 13 November 2015. Archived from the original on 2015-11-17.
- "Volvo Ocean Race – Two greats inducted into World Sailing Hall of Fame". Sail-World.com. 14 November 2015.