ISM University of Management and Economics
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Rector||Dr. Alfredas Chmieliauskas|
|Students||About 1800 undergraduates|
ISM University of Management and Economics is an institution of undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate education in business, management and economics. The university serves as a centre of market analysis, executive training and academic thought.
ISM was established in Kaunas in 1999 as the first privately owned institution of management education in Lithuania. The main founders of ISM are the BI Norwegian Business School and the Norwegian Industrial and Regional Development fund. The predecessor of ISM was the Business Training Centre, an executive training institution in Lithuania.
Since 1995, when the Business Training Centre began, the intention was to contribute to the development of Lithuanian business community in providing up to date management knowledge. By offering executive courses, management training programs, market research, and personnel evaluation, BMC was recognized as an institution of management training and consulting in Lithuania. Now BMC is the training and consulting department at ISM.
There are six undergraduate and three graduate programs.
- Business Management and Analytics;
- Economics and Politics;
- International Business and Communication;
- Industrial Technology Management.
- International Marketing and Management;
- Financial Economics;
- Innovation and Technology Management;
Business Process Management
- Financial Strategy and Management;
- International Business
- Human Resource Management;
- Leadership: Power Actualisation;
- Managerial Accounting Analysis
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing Strategy and Management;
- Project Management;
- Strategic Management;
Studying facilities are located in the centre of Lithuania’s two major cities: Kaunas and Vilnius. In Vilnius, the capital, ISM resides in a 14th-century former monastery. In Kaunas, the campus is established in a three-floor building from the early 1920s. Kaunas campus is currently closed and all facilities moved to Vilnius.
ISM in Vilnius
ISM in Vilnius is located in a historic building in the Old Town, a former Basilian monastery. The set of buildings were repaired with respect to their historic heritage.
- EDUNIVERSAL award
- ISM has received an award from EDUNIVERSAL that placed ISM among the 300 top world business schools. It was granted four palms and, together with 200 business schools, was grouped under the second category “TOP Business Schools”. By this score ISM takes the leading position in Lithuania and ranks among the highest in Central and East Europe.
- International Quality Accreditation (IQA)
- Awarded to ISM in 2006 by the Central and East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN).
- European Credit Transfer Label (ECTS label)
- Accreditation by the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education
- The group of international experts who carried out the accreditation of business and management study programmes at Lithuanian universities in 2005 accredited the business and management bachelor's and master's degree programmes of ISM University of Management and Economics without any additional conditions.
- ISM ranks first in the Lithuanian higher education institutions rating
- Lithuanian weekly Veidas has published a rating of higher education institutions compiled based on eight criteria: scientific and artistic activities of universities, the highest scores of academic staff and alumni activities, academic staff qualifications, the variety of fields of study, conditions for studies, a student survey, the labour market and the structure of financing. ISM University of Management and Economics collected 63.2 points out of 100, which was the highest score among private universities, and ranked second among all Lithuanian universities.
- Official website of ISM University of Management and Economics
- Official website of ISM University Student Association
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ISM University of Management and Economics (Lithuania).|