||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Part 1: Framework
- Part 2: Mechanisms producing independent tokens
- Part 3: Mechanisms producing linked tokens
Part 1: Framework
In this first part of ISO/IEC 18014, several things are explained and developed:
- The identification of the objectives of a time authority.
- The description of a general model on which time stamping services are based.
- The definition of time stamping services.
- The definition of the basic protocols of time stamping.
- The specifications of the protocols between the involved entities.
Part 2: Mechanisms producing independent tokens
A time-stamping service provides evidence that a data item existed before a certain point in time. Time-stamp services produce time-stamp tokens, which are data structures containing a verifiable cryptographic binding between a data item's representation and a time-value. This part of ISO/IEC 18014 defines time-stamping mechanisms that produce independent tokens, which can be verified one by one.
This part of ISO/IEC 18014:
- Describes a general model for time-stamping services producing linked tokens.
- Describes the basic components used to construct a time-stamping service of this type.
- Defines the data structures used to interact with a time-stamping service of this type.
- Describes specific instances of such time-stamping services.
ISO/IEC 18014-3:2004 describes time-stamping services producing linked tokens, that is, tokens that are cryptographically bound to other tokens produced by these time-stamping services. It describes a general model for time-stamping services of this type and the basic components used to construct a time-stamping service of this type, it defines the data structures and protocols used to interact with a time-stamping service of this type, and it describes specific instances of such time-stamping services.
|This cryptography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|