|Traded as||Nasdaq Copenhagen: ISS|
|Jeff Gravenhorst CEO |
Pierre-François Riolacci CFO
Sir Charles Allen Chairman
|Revenue||73.592 billion DKK (2018)|
|4.226 billion DKK (2018)|
|291 million DKK (2018)|
|Total assets||48,782,000,000 Danish krone (31 December 2016)|
|Owner||Kirkbi Invest (0.1), Artisan Partners Asset Management (0.11), BlackRock (0.06)|
Number of employees
ISS A/S (International Service System) is a Facility Services company founded in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1901. ISS services include: cleaning services, support services, property services, catering services, security services and facility management services. The ISS Group’s revenue amounted to DKK 73.5 billion in 2018 and ISS has nearly 500,000 employees and activities in approximately 65 countries across Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America and Pacific. More than half of ISS' employees are based in emerging markets.
1934 ISS entered the cleaning business with the establishment of Det Danske Rengørings Selskab (The Danish Cleaning Company) as an independent subsidiary of the security company
1946 The first geographical expansion outside Denmark: Swedish subsidiary established
1968 The company adopted the ISS name
1973 Overseas expansion started
1975 Group revenue reached DKK 1 billion
1977 ISS shares listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange
1989 The total number of employees in the Group reached 100,000
1999 ISS acquired Abilis, the second largest European provider of cleaning and specialised services, in a DKK 3.6 billion acquisition, the Group’s largest ever. Abilis had about 50,000 employees and annual revenues of DKK 5.2 billion in 1998. The total number of employees in the Group reached 200,000
2003 ISS’ first major pan-European Integrated Facility Services contract signed
2005 ISS A/S was acquired by funds advised by EQT Partners and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, and de-listed from the Copenhagen Stock Exchange. The total number of employees in the Group reached 300,000
2006 Group revenue passed DKK 50 billion. ISS made the second-largest acquisition in company history, when acquiring the outstanding 51% of the shares in Tempo Services in Australia
2007 Group revenue passed DKK 60 billion. ISS entered the US market through the acquisition of Sanitors Inc. The total number of employees in the Group reached 400,000
2008 ISS’s largest ever international Integrated Facility Services contract was signed
2010 Group revenue passed DKK 70 billion. The total number of employees in the Group reached 500,000 
2017 ISS signs the largest customer agreement in its history, with Deutsche Telekom, covering approximately 9,000 sites across Germany, more than 6,000 employees and about 4% of Group revenue.
In January 2016, ISS announced that it had acquired the UK, Ireland, and European activities of UK-based GS Hall, a technical services company focused on mechanical and electrical engineering, energy management, and compliance.
In November 2016, ISS announced that it had acquired Chile's fourth largest catering company, Apunto, with an annual revenue of DKK 116 million in 2015.
In April 2017, ISS announced that it had acquired US catering services company Guckenheimer with an annual revenue of approximately DKK 2,300 million and 3,200 employees in 33 US states.
- ISS (2018). "ISS fact sheet".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-06. Retrieved 2013-03-18.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) ISS History
- G4S shares tumble on £5.2bn ISS takeover deal BBC News
- G4S abandons £5.2bn ISS takeover deal BBC News
- Teachers' and KIRKBI make EUR 500 million equity investment in ISS ISS Press Releases
- David, Ruth (13 March 2014). "ISS Shares Advance in Denmark's Biggest IPO in Two Decades". Bloomberg.
- "ISS Turns to IBM Watson IoT to put the Human Touch into buildings - ISS World - Group Website". www.issworld.com.
- "ISS will deliver Facility Services to Deutsche Telekom - ISS World - Group Website". www.issworld.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "ISS acquires leading technical services business - ISS World - Group Website". www.issworld.com.
- "ISS acquires leading catering business in Chile - ISS World - Group Website". www.issworld.com.
- "ISS acquires leading US food services company - ISS World - Group Website". www.issworld.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ISS A/S (International Service System).|