|Full name||Idrottssällskapet Halmia|
|Founded||16 June 1907|
|League||Division 2 Västra Götaland|
|2016||Division 1 Södra, 2nd
In early years, the club also played bandy. The first ever bandy game between two organised teams in Halland, is thought to have been played between Halmia and local rival Halmstads BK in 1922. In 1932 Halmia won the Halland district championship in this sport.
In 1932 the club also became the first team from Halmstad to reach the Allsvenskan, the top-tier football league in Sweden.
In total IS Halmia has played 11 seasons in the Allsvenskan, the last time being in 1979. The club's best spell was from 1944 until 1950 when they spent seven seasons at the top level. They have also enjoyed 44 seasons playing second tier Swedish football. However they have been less successful in recent years.
The club shares Örjans vall with, its rival of many years, Halmstads BK. They still hold the record attendance of 20,381 spectators for a promotion playoff match in 1962. IS Halmia are affiliated to the Hallands Fotbollförbund.
Key dates in the history of IS Halmia are as follows;
- 1907: The club was formed on 16 June 1907 with Axel Hagnell as chairman. The programme included football, athletics, gymnastics and wrestling.
- 1909: Lost 0–11 to Helsingborgs IF, a record defeat that still stands.
- 1912: Became Halmia Halland champions for the first time by defeating Halmstad IF 5–3 in the final.
- 1924: Played in Division 2 Sydsvenskan for the first time and finished fifth.
- 1925: Lost to IFK Uddevalla in the promotion playoffs after winning Division 2 Sydsvenskan.
- 1932: Played in the Allsvenskan for the first time. Herbert Samuelsson signs from IFK Göteborg.
- 1934: Relegated from the Allsvenskan.
- 1940: After winning the Division 2 Södra title failed in the promotion playoff against Degerfors IF.
- 1943: Regained place in the Allsvenskan after winning the Division 2 Södra title and the promotion playoff against Örgryte IS.
- 1944: Finished seventh in the Allsvenskan – a feat that was to be repeated in 1947 and 1948.
- 1950: Relegated from the Allsvenskan but went to the semifinals of the Swedish Cup.
- 1962: Winners of Division 2 Västra Götaland and won the promotion playoff group comprising AIK, Landskrona BOIS and IFK Holmsund.
- 1963: Disastrous season back in the Allsvenskan winning only one game.
- 1970: The club started running ladies teams.
- 1974: Frank Marshall was recruited as club coach with a promise that Allsvenskan football would be achieved within 5 years – a promise that he accomplished.
- 1978: The club win Division 2 Södra and are promoted to the Allsvenskan.
- 1979: Finished bottom of the Allsvenskan winning just two games.
- 1989: Relegated to Division 3 Sydvästra Götaland bringing tier 4 football to Örjans vall for the first time. The league proved to be a real hornet's nest with many excellent Halland teams.
- 1991: A grim year for men's football with demotion to Division 4 Halland representing tier 5 football just 12 years after playing in the top tier. A missed penalty in the season's final match against Gislaved IS proved crucial.
- 1992: The club win Division 4 Halland.
- 1993: Another promotion with the club winning the Division 3 Sydvästra Götaland title.
- 1997: Winners of Division 2 Södra Götaland and won the promotion playoffs against Trollhättans FK and Nybro IF.
- 1998: Finishing last in Division 1 Södra proves a bitter disappointment.
- 1999: Another relegation this time from Division 2 Södra Götaland.
- 2000: The club face life in Division 3 Sydvästra Götaland with bankruptcy and the loss of coachh Bjorn Andersson to Bayern Munich.
- 2006: The club stabilises and the finances are under control but on the playing front following league re-structuring the first team are again playing tier 5 football.
- 2008: Winners of Division 3 Sydvästra Götaland and are promoted.
- 2012: Winners of Division 2 Södra Götaland.
- 2015: Relegated from Division 1 Södra.
Season to season
In recent seasons IS Halmia have had the following average attendances:
* Attendances are provided in the Publikliga sections of the Svenska Fotbollförbundet website.
2014 – 2015 Squad
- Senaste nytt. Förändringar i truppen. Uppdaterad
- "IS Halmia – Fotboll Klubb". Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Tabell och resultat – Div 2 Södra Götaland, herrar – Svenskfotboll.se". Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- svenskbandy.se: "Hallands bandyförbund går i graven", 7 June 2016, retrieved 19 August 2017
- Eric Sköld (ed.): Boken om bandy, Uppsala: Bygd och Folk Förlag (1948), p. 331 (in Swedish)
- "Fotbollsverige.se – Division 2 Södra Götaland". Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Kontaktuppgifter och tävlingar – IS Halmia – Svenskfotboll.se". Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Halmias historia – från 1907 till nutid – IS Halmia". Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "GAIS – Lagfacta – IS Halmia". Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Södra Götaland — Division 2 – Fotbollsserier 2010 – Fotboll – everysport.com". Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Sweden Final Tables – Clas Glenning". Archived from the original on 2010-07-31. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Tabeller herr från 1920-talet och framåt – Halmia herrfotbollens historia – IS Halmia". Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Kontaktuppgifter och tävlingar – Svenska Fotbollförbundet – svenskfotboll.se". Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "IS Halmia – Spelartruppen 2013". Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- IS Halmia – Official Website