|Stable release||2.0.2 / July 10, 2014|
|Operating system||Linux, Windows|
iTALC (intelligently Teaching And Learning with Computer) is open source software used for managing classroom computers in Linux and Windows. iTALC enables teachers to remotely monitor and control students' computers. This allows the teacher to perform demonstrations, to close windows and to shut down the computer. 
Originally, iTALC was available only for Linux. In the middle of 2006, in the course of the Qt4 porting, support for NT-based Windows versions was added. Additionally iTALC transparently handles mixed computing environments, e.g., a linux based teacher's computer can access pupils' Windows computers and vice versa.
All functions serves are based on the RFB protocol. As iTALC works completely with TCP connections, it has the advantage of permitting demo and remote control over local area networks. Fast and efficient compression algorithms even allow the binding of private pupil computers at home - even the comparatively intensive demo mode.
||This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Features of iTALC include the following:
- Overview mode (allow previewing screens for each pupil computers in a small preview window)
- Previewing computers in predefined classroom segment
- Demonstration mode (either in a frame or window) - which the teacher's screen is broadcast to all of the pupil's computers in real-time
- Barriers of the pupil computers, in order to direct attention on other things
- Send text messages to students
- On and switching individual or all computers off over network (Wake on LAN)
- Snapshots for evidence protection, e.g. during infringement of any user rules
iTALC is developed in Trolltech Qt/C++ and is therefore compatible with both 32-bit Windows and GNU/Linux systems. iTALC in its version 1 was not designed to work with Windows Vista or Windows 7, however this problem was fixed in 2011 with releasing version 1.9.6 of iTALC (earlier, the developer has unofficially stated that a 2.0 release compatible with current and future releases of Windows will be made is Q3/Q4 2011).
- now known as NetOp Vision 6 Classroom Management Solution
- "iTALC homepage". Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "SourceForge.net: iTALC - OpenSource classroom-management: Topic: Italc on Vista". Retrieved 2010-02-28.