IT infrastructure, the information technology infrastructure, is defined broadly as a set of IT components that are the foundation of an IT service: typically physical components (computer and networking hardware and facilities), but also various software and network components.
Enterprise IT infrastructure typically refers to components required for the existence, operation and management of an enterprise IT environment. It can be internal to an organization and deployed within owned facilities, or deployed within a cloud computing system, or a combination thereof.
- Converged infrastructure
- Dynamic infrastructure
- Hyper-converged infrastructure
- Information infrastructure
- Infrastructure as a service
- Infrastructure as Code
- Software-defined infrastructure
- Simon, Errol (1996). Distributed information systems: from client/server to distributed multimedia. McGraw-Hill. ISBN 9780077090760.
- Laan, Sjaak (2011). IT Infrastructure Architecture: Infrastructure Building Blocks and Concepts. Lulu Press. ISBN 9781447881285.
- van der Veen, Annelies; van Bon, Jan (2007). Foundations of ITIL V3. Van Haren Publishing. ISBN 978-90-8753-057-0.
|This computing article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|