IUPAC/IUPAP Joint Working Party
The IUPAC/IUPAP Joint Working Party is a group convened periodically by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) and the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) to consider claims for discovery and naming of new chemical elements. It is sometimes called the Joint Working Party on Discovery of Elements. The working party's recommendations are voted on by the General Assembly of the IUPAP.
- "Discovery of Elements with Atomic Number Z > 112". Archived from the original on 2012-08-24.
- "Names and symbols of the elements with atomic numbers 114 and 116 (IUPAC Recommendations 2012)" (PDF).
- "On the Claims for Discovery of Elements 110, 111, 112, 114, 116, and 118 (IUPAC Technical Report)". Archived from the original on 2014-01-13.
- "Discovery of the elements with atomic numbers greater than or equal to 113 (IUPAC Technical Report)" (PDF).
- "Three New Elements Are Named".