|Athletic director||Roderick Perry|
|Football stadium||IU Michael A. Carroll Track & Soccer Stadium (soccer)|
|Basketball arena||Indiana Farmers Coliseum (as of 2014)|
|Colors||Red, Gold, and Black
The IUPUI Jaguars are the 18 intercollegiate teams that represent Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis, in Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S. They compete in the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division I. IUPUI competes in the Summit League in all sports.
IUPUI first sponsored intercollegiate athletics in 1972, when the men's basketball team began play. Women's sports were first sponsored in 1975, when the women's basketball, softball, and volleyball teams first competed. In 1978, the Jaguars joined the NAIA. They joined NCAA Division II in 1993 and moved up to NCAA Division I in 1997. Also in 1997, the Jaguars joined the Mid-Continent Conference (now known as the Summit League). In 2000, the men's soccer team became the first Jaguar team to compete in an NCAA tournament.
Several Jaguars teams play in the IUPUI Gymnasium, which is known as the Jungle. Since 2014 the men's basketball team has played at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum. The softball team plays at the IUPUI Softball Complex, and the tennis team plays at the West Indy Racquet Club. The swimming team competes at the Indiana University Natatorium, which has a capacity of 4,700. The soccer teams play at IU Michael A. Carroll Track & Soccer Stadium.
|This section does not cite any sources. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The 1984-85 and 1989-90 men's basketball teams won the NAIA District 21 Tournament and advanced to the NAIA National Tournament. The 1989-90 Jaguars defeated Siena Heights in the NAIA Tournament, but lost their next game to Pfeiffer.
The men's soccer team advanced to the NAIA Division 21 Playoffs in 1988, 1989, 1990 and 1993. The 1993 team advanced to the NAIA Division 21 Championship before their season ended. The 1994 team lost in the NAIA Division 21 Tournament.
In 2000, the Jaguars won the Mid-Continent Conference Tournament. They defeated Marist in an NCAA Tournament play-in game. Their season ended with a loss to SMU in their only NCAA Tournament. That year, the Jaguars finished with an 11-9-2 record.
The women's basketball team won the NAIA District 21 Tournament in 1989-1990 and 1990-1991. The 1990-1991 team advanced to the semifinals of the NAIA National Tournament before losing to Southwestern Oklahoma State.
The women's softball team competes at the NAIA level from 1983 through 1991. The Lady Metros (now Jaguars) appeared in nine straight NAIA regional and national tournaments, finishing third place twice and fourth place twice during that time span. They were coached by P. Nicholas Kellum who is now a member of the IUPUI Athletic Hall of Fame and served as the dean of the School of Physical Education for many years.
The 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 tennis teams won the Mid-Continent Conference Tournament. They then advanced to the NCAA Tournament where they lost in the first round.
Hall of fame
- For an alphabetical list of inductees, see footnote
- For a list of inductees by sport, see footnote
- For a list of inductees by class year, see footnote
- For a list of inductees by induction year, see footnote
- "Colors : Applying the Brand: IU Brand Guidelines: Indiana University". Brand.iu.edu. Retrieved 2016-03-13.
- http://www.iupuijags.com/Media/MSOC_2006.pdf, Men's Soccer Media Guide, page 6
- http://www.iupuijags.com/. Retrieved May 22, 2015. Missing or empty
- "Hall of Fame". IUPUI Athletics. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "Hall of Fame: Inductees by Sport". IUPUI Athletics. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "Hall of Fame: Inductees by Class Year". IUPUI Athletics. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "Hall of Fame: Inductees by Induction Class Year". IUPUI Athletics. Retrieved 2012-01-27.