IUPUI Jaguars men's basketball
|University||Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis|
|Head coach||Jason Gardner (4th season)|
|Arena||Indiana Farmers Coliseum
|Student section||Red Zone|
|Colors||Red, Gold, and Black
|NCAA Tournament appearances|
|Conference tournament champions|
The Summit League
|Conference regular season champions|
The Summit League
The IUPUI Jaguars men's basketball team is the men's basketball team that represents Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States. The school's team currently competes in the Horizon League. The first year of IUPUI basketball was 1971–72 and the school competed as a NCAA Division III Independent. From 1982 to 2014, the Jaguars played on campus at The Jungle, which seated 1,215. Beginning with the 2014–15 season, the Jaguars play their home games at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum on the State Fairgrounds. Prior to the Jaguars move, the arena underwent a $63 million renovation to modernize it for the fair and for basketball. The renovated arena has capacity for 6,800.
|1973–1978||NCAA D-III Independent||4|
|1993–1998||NCAA D-II Independent||5|
NCAA Tournament results
The Jaguars have appeared in one NCAA Tournament. Their record is 0–1.
|2003||No. 16||First Round||No. 1 Kentucky||L 64–95|
NAIA Tournament results
The Jaguars have appeared in the NAIA Tournament two times. Their record is 1–2.
|1985||First Round||Wisconsin-Stevens Point||L 61–71|
The Jaguars have appeared in one College Basketball Invitational (CBI). Their record is 1–1.
L 69–74 2OT
|Ron Hunter (The Summit League) (1998–2017)|
|2002–03||Ron Hunter||20–14||10–4||T–2nd||NCAA First Round|
|2009–10||Ron Hunter||25–11||15–3||2nd||CBI Quarterfinals|
|Ron Hunter:||221–179 (.553)||122–86 (.720)|
|Todd Howard (The Summit League) (2011–2014)|
|Todd Howard:||26–70 (.271)||9–39 (.188)|
|Jason Gardner (The Summit League) (2014–2017)|
|Jason Gardner (Horizon League) (2017–present)|
|Jason Gardner:||37–58 (.389)||22–26 (.458)|
National champion Postseason invitational champion
- IUPII joined NCAA Division I beginning in the 1998–99 season. Non-Division I seasons are not included.
- IUPUI vacated the records of eight conference games in 2003–04, nine games in 2004–05, and seven games in 2006–07 as a result of NCAA sanctions. The Summit League also sanctioned IUPUI one conference game in 2008–09. Vacated games are included in this table.
- "Colors : Applying the Brand: IU Brand Guidelines: Indiana University". Brand.iu.edu. Retrieved March 13, 2016.
- Wang, Stephanie (2014-01-26). "Indiana State Fairgrounds Coliseum renovations enter final stretch". Indystar.com. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- "IUPUI will compete in Horizon League beginning this school year". Indianapolis Star. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- Ed Holdaway. Hill Picked 26th Overall by the San Antonio Spurs iupuijags.com, June 25, 2006. Accessed July 12, 2008
|This college basketball-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a basketball team in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|