(Redirected from IVL D.26 Haukka)
|First flight||I: March 17, 1927|
|Primary user||Finnish Air Force|
|Number built||I: 1
- IVL D.26 Haukka I - the first prototype aircraft, which made its maiden flight on March 17, 1927. Only one aircraft was manufactured.
- VL D.27 Haukka II - a further developed version of the D.26. Two aircraft were manufactured at the aircraft factory at Suomenlinna (which now had shortened its name from IVL to VL). These aircraft were used by the Finnish Air Force in its Maalentoeskaadri for a couple of years. During this time the FAF had begun the purchasing of foreign fighters, which eventually halted the series production of the Haukka II.
Two Haukkas are preserved, one D.26 at Päijät-Häme Aviation museum, and one D.27 at Hallinportti Aviation Museum.
Data from Thulinista Hornettiin
- Crew: 1
- Length: 7 m (22 ft 11 in)
- Wingspan: 9.6 m (31 ft 6 in)
- Height: m (ft in)
- Wing area: 74 m² (ft²)
- Empty weight: kg (lb)
- Useful load: kg (kg)
- Loaded weight: kg (lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 1,290 kg (2,838 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Gnome-Rhone Jupiter IV radial engine, 358 kW (480 hp)
- Never exceed speed: km/h (knots, mph)
- Maximum speed: 249 km/h (134 knots, 154 mph)
- Cruise speed: km/h (knots, mph)
- Stall speed: km/h (knots, mph)
- Range: km (nm, mi)
- Service ceiling: m (ft)
- Rate of climb: m/s (ft/min)
- Wing loading: kg/m² (lb/ft²)
- Power/mass: W/kg (hp/lb)
- Hallinportti Aviation museum: I.V.L. D.26 Haukka I ja D.27 Haukka II" brochure, summer 2005.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Valtion Lentokonetehdas aircraft.|
- Related lists