This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Paul Mishkin (CEO)|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California|
IXL Learning is an American educational technology company based in San Mateo, California. The company's main product is IXL.com, a website primarily offering educational practice for K-12 students. The company also provides analytical tools to track student and classroom performance and identify areas for academic improvement with each student. IXL Learning offers practice skills for math, English language arts, science, social studies, Spanish.
As of July 2018, IXL is used by one in nine students in the United States, and by over 200,000 teachers worldwide.
IXL Learning was founded in 1998 by Paul Mishkin. The company's first product was Quia Web, a website that allowed teachers and learners to create and share customized study materials, and featured gamification mechanics.
In 2007, the company introduced IXL as a math practice program with math topics at levels ranging from pre-kindergarten to high school, as well as data analysis tools. The program was expanded in 2013 with the addition of English language arts content, and again in 2015 with the addition of science and social studies. As of 2017, IXL offers math and language arts for preK-12, and science and social studies for grades 2-8 as well as Spanish for all grades preK-12.
Products and services
IXL is a cloud-based service provided by IXL Learning which can be accessed via Android and iOS, and through its web-based interface.
The IXL web practice service provides more than 7,000 skills across math, English language arts, science, Spanish, and social studies for students in grades preK-12. Skills and practice questions are aligned with Common Core and state standards, and are often used in conjunction with classroom learning and assignments. IXL is subscription-based and offers users access to ten free questions per day without a subscription. iPad, Android, and Kindle apps are offered.
The service also includes IXL Analytics, which tracks classroom-wide as well as individual student performance. This provides teachers with a range of nine data reports, and can be tailored to a variety of different classroom formats and setups, including labs, flipped classrooms, and rotational models. IXL also includes IXL's Continuous Diagnostic, which evaluates students on six mathematic strands as well as their overall working grade level. It also offers up-to-the-minute insights whenever students complete diagnostic questions each week and generates specific next-step instructions for students.
IXL is used by more than 6 million subscribers in all 50 U.S. states and more than 190 countries. It has served over 40 billion questions to date.
Quia Books is currently used by language textbook publishers to bring computer learning and traditional classroom instruction together. More than 450 secondary- and higher-education language textbooks have been published on the Quia Books platform. The platform supports 11 languages, including Spanish, French, Chinese, Latin, and Arabic.
IXL received the 2014 Academics' Choice Smart Media Award.
Homeschool.com named IXL the Top Homeschooling Curriculum for 2014.
- "Personalized recommendations system introduced". District Administration.
- "Heard, Overheard and Announced at ISTE 2016". EdSurge.
- "IXL Launches Science and Social Studies Content for Middle School". EdSurge.
- "Silicon Valley educational company opens Raleigh office". The News & Observer. September 1, 2015.
- "IXL - Math and English". iTunes.
- "IXL - Math and English". Google Play Store.
- "IXL - Math and English". Amazon App Store.
- "The Adaptive Learning Platform You Need to Know About: IXL!". Shake Up Learning. November 23, 2015.
- "IXL Online Skill Practice For Math, Spanish, English Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies". Miniature Masterminds. April 5, 2016.
- "IXL Analytics". IXL.
- "Adaptive Diagnostic Aims to Build Student Confidence in Math". THE Journal. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Our stats". IXL. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "SIIA Announces 2017 CODiE Award Winners for Education Technology Industry". SIIA.
- "Readers' Choice Awards 2016". THE Journal.
- "2016 EDDIE Awards". The Computed Gazette.
- "IXL". Mom's Choice Awards.
- "2016 – Finalists & Winners" (March 15, 2016). EdTech Digest.
- "IXL by IXL Learning". National Parenting Product Awards.
- "The 56 best tablet apps: The Tabby Awards announces 2015 Winners and Users' Choice". VentureBeat. June 29, 2015.
- "IXL Learning".
- "Voting Results - Top Homeschooling Products and MORE".
- "Blue Ribbon Awards 2014!". November 17, 2014.