|Operating bases||Antalya Airport Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport|
|Company slogan||The beauty of İzmir is in the air with IZair|
|Parent company||Pegasus Airlines|
|Key people||Ali Sabancı (President)|
The airline was established in 2005 as İzmir Hava Yolları by a group of businessmen from İzmir. It started operations on 14 June 2006.
On 29 February 2012 the last remaining Airbus A319-100 was returned to the lessor.
As of January 2014 IZair doesn't operate under its own name. Instead all flights are operated for Pegasus Airlines.
Incidents and accidents
- On 10 March 2010, Pegasus Airlines Flight 361, an Airbus A319-100 operated by IZair on a ferry flight made an emergency landing at Frankfurt Airport in Germany after a malfunction in the nose gear. The flight landed safely but blew both front nose gear tires. The airport closed runway 07R/25L for 3 hours to allow recovery. The nose gear suffered the same problem as JetBlue Flight 292.
- "Contact." IZair. Retrieved 6 September 2009.
- IZair timetable Archived 2010-09-26 at the Wayback Machine IZair. Retrieved 12 September 2009.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 3 April 2007. p. 95.
- ch-aviation.com - Turkey's Izair to merge with parent Pegasus by YE18 16 November 2018
- IZair Fleet
- Pegasus Airlines Flight 361 – 10 March 2010
Media related to IZair at Wikimedia Commons
|This Turkish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|