|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (January 2013)|
|Industry||Software industry/SIP licensing?|
|Headquarters||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
iZotope, Inc. is an audio technology company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States. iZotope develops professional audio software for audio recording, mixing, broadcast, sound design, and mastering which can be used in Digital Audio Workstation programs including Pro Tools, Apple Logic Pro and GarageBand, Cakewalk SONAR, Nuendo, Digital Performer, WaveLab, Reaper, FL Studio, Ableton Live and others. In addition, iZotope creates and licenses audio DSP technology including noise reduction, sample rate conversion, dithering, time stretching, and audio enhancement to hardware and software companies in the consumer and pro audio industries.
Pro-Audio Tools and Virtual Instrument Software
- Alloy 2 (released August 14, 2012) — channel strip plugin with EQ, Transient Shaper, Dynamics, Exciter, Limiter, and De-Esser
- ANR-B (released May 10, 2007) — iZotope's only hardware unit — adaptive realtime noise reduction for broadcast audio
- BreakTweaker (released January 23, 2014) — drum sculpting and beat sequencing machine that blurs the line between rhythm and melody
- Insight (released November 13, 2012) — CALM Act compliant essential metering suite
- Iris 2 (released November 19, 2014) — spectral sampling re-synthesizer featuring spectral selection tools
- Nectar 2 (released 11/2013) — vocal production suite
- Ozone 6 and Ozone 6 Advanced (released October 30, 2014) — complete mastering effects system including eight essential mastering tools
- RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced (released November 9, 2014)— complete audio restoration suite
- Stutter Edit (released January 13, 2011) — sample stutter effects and slicing
- Trash 2 (released November 19, 2012) — 64-bit modeling of guitar amplifiers, distortions, delays and filters
- Vinyl (released February 1, 2001) — record simulation and lo-fi effect
Mobile and Consumer Audio
- iDrum and iDrum Mobile (acquired on December 4, 2006) — virtual drum machine
- Music and Speech Cleaner — audio cleanup and enhancement suite
- Sonifi — mobile remix mobile application developed by Sonik Architects
- The T-Pain Effect (released July 20, 2011) — beat and vocal recording software with pitch correction
Third Party Plugins
- Ozone Maximizer Rack Extension (released June 14, 2012) for Reason — Reason 6.5 Rack Extension
- Mastering Essentials (released January 20, 2012) for Acoustica Mixcraft Pro Studio 6
- Radius (released May 19, 2006) — world-class time stretching and pitch shifting for Logic Pro and SoundTrack Pro
- Ozone MP — analog modeled audio enhancement for Winamp and Windows Media Player
- pHATmatik PRO — loop-based sampler
- PhotonShow — photo slideshow software
- PhotonTV — photo slideshow software
- Spectron (released March 6, 2003) — 64-bit spectral effects processor
iZotope has recently branched out its business to include software and technology licensing after ten years of developing audio processing algorithms and tools for their own software. iZotope offers development of technology for Mac and Windows platforms, Mobile, Video Game, and Embedded DSP. Clients have included Sony, Adobe, Xbox, Harmonix, Smule, Sonoma Wire Works, and most recently, Blue Microphones. Algorithms are delivered as a plugin or SDK for easy implementation. To date, iZotope technology has shipped in nearly 68 million products worldwide.
Mac/PC iZotope has audio technology readily available in the form of VST, DirectX, AudioUnits, RTAS or AudioSuite plug-ins. Typical uses for licensed technology for Mac or PC applications include audio finalizing, music production, audio for video, presentation audio, metering to address broadcast loudness standards, and media playback. Categories of available licensed technologies include audio enhancement, voice enhancement, audio repair tools, creative tools, DJ tools, audiophile tools, time manipulation and audio for video.
iZotope has developed plugins for use directly in Audiokinetic WWise for audio enhancement, voice effects occlusion and room modeling. In addition, iZotope has developed sound design tools and special effects for sound designers using the FMOD middleware engine. For middleware engines supporting XAudio and Multistream formats, iZotope has a collection of licensable DSP for use in music related games or karaoke.
- Core FX
- Audio Repair
- DJ FX
- Vocal FX
- Trash FX
- Fun FX
Noise reduction DSP is available for use in hardware using Analog Devices SHARC and Blackfin processors. In 2012, iZotope embedded Adaptive Noise Reduction and Keyboard Click Reduction technologies on Blue Microphones' Tiki USB Mic.
- Omega — realtime time and pitch control
- Radius — natural time stretching technology. Integrated into Digidesign's Pro Tools Elastic Time as well as Cakewalk SONAR. Available as a plug-in for Apple Logic Pro. 
- SRC — 64-bit sample rate conversion.
Notable Licensing Partners
|Mac & Windows||Video Games||Mobile|
- iZotope receives a thank you from Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails on the album credits of Year Zero
- Just Blaze talks about using Ozone on his latest project with Jay-Z
- Garbage talks about using Stutter Edit, Ozone, and Trash
- Skrillex talks about putting Ozone on his tracks
Awards and Accolades
- Computer Music (magazine) Editor's Choice and Performer's Choice — Ozone 5 Advanced
- Music Tech (magazine) Music Tech Choice — Ozone 5 Advanced
- Pro Audio Review PAR Excellence Award Nomination — Ozone 5
- Musik Messe International Press Award — Nectar
- TEC Award Nomination Musical Instrument Tech/Software — Stutter Edit
- Cinema Audio Society Awards Post Production Technical Achievement Nomination — Ozone 5
- TEC Award Nomination Signal Processing/ Tech/Software — Alloy
- Pro Audio Review PAR Excellence Award — Nectar
- Audiomedia Magazine Product of the Year — Ozone 4
- Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award — Ozone 4
- Cinema Audio Society Awards Post Production Winner — RX 2
- Mix Magazine Certified Hit — Alloy
- Pro Audio Review PAR Excellence Award — Alloy
- TEC Award, Signal Processing Technology/Software — Ozone 4
- Bestcovery.com Best Pick Award — Ozone 4
- Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award — RX
- Radio World Cool Stuff Award — ANR-B
- Broadcast Engineering Award — ANR-B
- Pro Audio Review NAB Hot Gear List — ANR-B
- Remix Magazine Technology Award — RX
- Computer Music (magazine) Editor's Choice — RX
- Computer Music (magazine) Performance Award — RX
- Beat Magazine Editor's Recommendation — RX
- Anderton Award — iZotope, Inc.
- Cardinal Richelieu Memorial Power Behind the Throne — iZotope, Inc.
- Future Music Magazine' Ace Award — Ozone 3
- Guitar One Mark of Excellence — Trash
- Hitsquad.com Editor's Choice Award — Vinyl
- Freedownloadmanager.org User's Choice Award — Vinyl
Misc. It Enquirer Mac OS X Software of The Past Decade — iZotope, Inc.
- McConnon, Brian. "Alloy releases Alloy 2, Essential Mixing Tools". Music Marcom. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Alloy". iZotope, Inc.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Unveils ANR-B Hardware for Broadcase". Music Marcom. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "ANR-B". iZotope, Inc.
- "iZotope Releases BreakTweaker". iZotope, Inc.
- "Vinyl". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Releases Insight™: Essential Metering Suite". Music Marcom. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Ozone". iZotope, Inc.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Releases Iris". Music Marcom. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Iris". iZotope, Inc.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Ships Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced". Music Marcom. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Ozone". iZotope, Inc.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope and BT Introduce Stutter Edit". Music Marcom. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Stutter Edit". iZotope, Inc.
- "iZotope Releases Trash 2". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved November 19, 2012.
- "Trash". iZotope, Inc.
- "iZotope Releases Free Vinyl Plug-In". iZotope, Inc.
- "Vinyl". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- McConnon, Brian. "IZOTOPE ACQUIRES IDRUM AND PHATMATIK PRO". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "iDrum". iZotope, Inc.
- "Music and Speech Cleaner".
- "Sonifi iPhone App lets your fingers remix music". Los Angeles Times. November 17, 2009.
- McConnon, Brian. "T-Pain and iZotope Introduce The T-Pain Effect". Music Marcom. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Releases Ozone Maximizer Rack Extension for Reason". Music Marcom. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Introduces Mastering Essentials". Music Marcom.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Releases iZotope Radius for Logic". Music Marcom. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Acquires iDrum and pHATmatik PRO". Music Marcom. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Introducing iZotope Spectron". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Spectron". iZotope, Inc.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Technology Licensed for Inclusion in Rock Band 3". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "tiki FAQ". Blue Microphones.
- "Powered By iZotope". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- "Mac/Win". iZotope. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- "Audio for iOS". iZotope. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- "Embedded Audio Repair Tools". iZotope. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- "Winners Announced for the 65th Primetime Emmy Engineering Awards". Retrieved February 24, 2014.
||This section includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but the sources of this section remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013)|
- Frakes, Dan (October 7, 2008). "Editors' Notes – An array of audio offerings at AES – iZotope iDrum Hip-Hop Edition and iDrum Club Edition:". MacWorld. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- Rogerson, Ben (October 6, 2008). "iZotope Ozone 4 promises better mastering A pro sound from within your DAW?". MusicRadar.com. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- Alexander, Jason Scott (June 1, 2008). "Field Test: iZotope RX Advanced Restoration SoftwareEASY-TO-USE MODULES OFFER TRANSPARENT, MUSICAL RESULTS". Mix. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- "IZotope Ozone 4 en janvier...". PC Music (in French). October 7, 2008. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- "iZotope Ozone 4 en enero de 2009". Hispasonic (in Spanish). Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- "RX Review in Mix Magazine - June Issue". MixMagazine. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- "ANR-B Review in Sound on Sound Magazine - April". SoundOnSoundMagazine. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- "RX featured in Electronic Musician "Noises Off" - August". ElectronicMusician. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- "Ozone 3 review in Mix Magazine- Mar.2004". MixMagazine. Retrieved October 28, 2008.