|Members||Abbath Doom Occulta|
I were a Norwegian black metal supergroup formed in 2006. The band features Immortal members Abbath and Armagedda, Gorgoroth bassist TC King, and Enslaved's Ice Dale. The band cites Bathory as one of their major influences.
The band's debut album, Between Two Worlds, was released on 3 November 2006 in the United Kingdom and 14 November 2006 in the United States through Nuclear Blast Records. Their first and only live show was at the Hole in the Sky festival in Bergen on 26 August 2006. Currently, there are no more scheduled live shows. In 2007, Abbath stated that he had started working on new songs for the next album, although no further comment has been made since. Given Abbath's formation of the band Abbath in 2015 following his departure from Immortal along with I bassist TC King, it is unlikely that a future I album will emerge. As part of prompting their new project, Abbath covered I's Warriors in October 2015.
The band features Abbath's raw black metal vocals accompanied with a classic metal influenced sound. Blasts beats and some of the more "erratic" structural traits of black metal have also been excluded, this gives the band more of a classic metal sound but the black metal influences are still evident giving the band a unique sound.
- Abbath Doom Occulta (Olve Eikemo) – vocals, guitar
- Ice Dale (Arve Isdal) – guitar
- TC King (King ov Hell, Tom Cato Visnes) – bass
- Armagedda – drums
- Between Two Worlds (2006)
- "Official homepage". Archived from the original on 1 August 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2006.
- Nuclear Blast Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "The World's Most Dangerous Music Magazine". Terrorizer.com. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- "Abbath Comes Out to Play (a Cover of I's 'Warriors')". Metalsucks.net. 5 October 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2020.