I Am Kalam
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2015)|
|I Am Kalam|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Nila Madhab Panda|
|Produced by||Santanu Mishra
|Screenplay by||Sanjay Chauhan|
|Story by||Sanjay Chauhan|
|Music by||Abhishek Ray
|Edited by||Prashant Nayak|
|Budget||₹3 crore (equivalent to ₹3.7 crore or US$560,000 in 2015)|
|Box office||₹6 crore (equivalent to ₹7.4 crore or US$1.1 million in 2015)|
I Am Kalam is a 2011 Hindi film produced by Smile Foundation and directed by Nila Madhab Panda. The character of Chhotu has been performed by Harsh Mayar. The film was screened in the market section at the 63rd Cannes Film Festival on 12 May 2010. It has been showcased in various film festivals and has received many awards and honours.
- Harsh Mayar as Chhotu/Kalam
- Hussan Saad as Prince Ranvijay.
- Gulshan Grover as Bhati the dhaba owner
- Beatrice Ordeix (a French actor) as Lucy
- Pitobash Tripathy as Laptan
- Meena Mir as Chhotu's mother
- Suresh Acharya as Lakha's Assistant
- Biswajeet Bal as Sukha Singh
- Rajat Bhalla as Police Havaldar
- Garima Bharadwaj as Rani Sa
- Sanjay Chauhan as Raja Rudra Pratap Singh
- S.D. Chouhan as Ranvijay's Servant
The film was rated 4.40 on 5 by audiences at the Transilvania International Film Festival. The Times of India gave it 3.5 stars out of 5, commented " It's inspirational, intelligent, topical and entertaining too. More importantly, it brims over with heart and soul, leaving no one untouched with its simple message of providing an equal opportunity". DNA also gave it 3.5 out of 5 stars, saying "At a little over 90 minutes, I Am Kalam is a gripping watch that leaves you feeling uplifted and positive.".
Awards and nominations
- Int'l Film Festival of India(IFFI),Goa by Young Jury for Best Feature Film
- National Film Award for Best Child Artist 2011 – Harsh Mayar. He won it along with two other children
- Lucas Film Festival, Germany for Best Feature Film
- Int'l Jury at Ale Kino Int'l Film Festival, Poland for Special Mention
- Don Quixote Prize of the International Ciné-Club Federation (ICCF) at the Lucas Film Festival
- Special Diploma at Minsk Int'l Film Festival, Listapadzik
- Aravindan Award for Best Debutante Director
- 57th Filmfare Awards for Best Story to Sanjay Chauhan
- Mumbai Int'l Film Festival (MAMI) for Indian Frame Showcase
- "I Am Kalam: Movie Review". The Times of India. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- "Nila Madhab Panda's I Am Kalam to screen at Cannes Film Festival". Businessofcinema.com.
- "I Am Kalam". ibnlive. 23 April 2011. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Kalam continues to inspire, now on reel – Oriya director's take on former President's struggle for education wins global award". The Telegraph. 20 September 2010. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "I Am Kalam selected for London Film Festival". DNA India. 15 September 2011. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Kaplan, Ilyse (13 April 2011). "Bollywood hits Hollywood". Variety. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Abdul Kalam gets nostalgic on watching I Am Kalam, Times of India, 30 July 2011, retrieved 4 August 2011
- Kamath, Sudhish (6 August 2011). "I am Kalam – To Kalam, with love". The Hindu (Chennai, India).
- "I Am Kalam". Times of India. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- "Review: Try not to miss the beautiful I Am Kalam". DNA India. 5 August 2011. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Kapoor, Nikita (24 June 2011). "Chillar Party reject Harsh Mayar wins National Award for I Am Kalam!". FilmiTadka. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- "I Am Kalam wins two international awards". Bollywood Trade. 14 September 2010. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Aravindan Puraskaram for Nila Madhab Panda", OneIndia, 23 February 2011, retrieved 20 February 2012
- "Filmfare Awards 2011 Winners". Times of India. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
This Film is shot in bikaner Rajasthan India .