I Am Nojoom, Age 10 and Divorced
|I Am Nojoom, Age 10 and Divorced|
|Directed by||Khadija al-Salami|
|Written by||Khadija al-Salami|
I Am Nojoom, Age 10 and Divorced is a 2014 Yemeni drama film directed by Khadija al-Salami. It was selected as the Yemeni entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 89th Academy Awards, the first time that Yemen had submitted a film for consideration. However, it was not nominated. The film is based on the story of Nujood Ali, who sought divorce from her abusive husband at age 10.
Nojoom, a ten year old Jemenite girl, asks a judge in Sana'a to grant her a divorce from a horrible marriage after she was married away to prevent a public scandal following the rape of her sister.
- Reham Mohammed as Nojoom
- List of submissions to the 89th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Yemeni submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "I Am Nojoom, Age 10 and Divorced". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- "Ana Nojoom bent alasherah wamotalagah". The Numbers. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "85 Countries In Competition For 2016 Foreign Language Film Oscar". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Kilday, Gregg (11 October 2016). "Oscars: 85 Foreign-Language Film Contenders Unveiled by Academy". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
|This Yemen-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|