I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)
|"I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)"|
|Single by Celine Dion and Il Divo|
|from the album On ne change pas and Ancora|
|Released||1 May 2006|
|Format||Music download, CD single|
|Recorded||25 May 2005 A Side Productions' Studios, Studio Piccolo, Sveriges Radio Studio 2|
|Songwriter(s)||Jörgen Elofsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Matteo Saggese, Luc Plamondon|
|Producer(s)||Per Magnusson, David Kreuger|
|Celine Dion singles chronology|
|Il Divo singles chronology|
"I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)" is a duet between Celine Dion and Il Divo, released as the third and last single from Dion's On ne change pas album, and first and only from Il Divo's Ancora. At first, on 23 January 2006 "I Believe in You" was released as a radio single in the United States. The commercial single was issued 1 May 2006 in France and Switzerland. It was also released as a radio single in Canada, in May 2006.
There was no music video made for the song.
Dion and Il Divo promoted "I Believe in You" in various French television shows, performing it in late 2005.
The single peaked at number 30 in France and number 35 in Switzerland. In the US, it reached number 31 on the US Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks. Surprisingly, nearly 3 years after its release the song peaked at number 8 on the Portuguese Singles Chart according to Billboard magazine.
Il Divo are not the first opera singers who have performed and recorded with Dion. She had previously collaborated with Luciano Pavarotti on "I Hate You Then I Love You" and Andrea Bocelli on "The Prayer." The latter has been also performed by Dion and Josh Groban.
While reviewing Ancora, James Christopher Monger of AllMusic wrote: "They fawn over Celine Dion -- who can barely contain her own affections..." Rob Theakston who reviewed Dion's On ne change pas on AllMusic, wrote that having the new songs, including the duet, was a "plus side" to the compilation. 
Formats and track listings
European CD single/digital single
- "I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)" (Celine Dion and Il Divo) – 4:01
- "Hasta Mi Final" (Il Divo) – 3:36
There are two released versions of the song, the difference is heard where the line "Someday I'll find you" is sung by a different member of Il Divo. On Dion's On ne change pas album the line is sung by Swiss tenor Urs Buhler, and on Il Divo's Ancora album the same line is sung by Spanish baritone Carlos Marín. This is due to them swapping lines, where the other line swapped is part of the harmony in Dion's verse (the second verse).
A third version of the duet performed entirely in English (Dion's verse included) was also recorded, but never released. Il Divo performed this version in their concerts with tenor David Miller singing Dion's parts.
|Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)||90|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||35|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||31|
|Portugal Digital Songs (Billboard)||8|
|France||1 May 2006||CD|
|Switzerland||12 May 2006|
- Glatzer, Jenna (2005). Céline Dion: For Keeps. Andrews McMeel Publishing. ISBN 0-7407-5559-5.
- "Celine Dion – Chart history" European Hot 100 for Celine Dion. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Lescharts.com – Il Divo and Céline Dion – I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)" (in French). Les classement single. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Swisscharts.com – Il Divo and Céline Dion – I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)". Swiss Singles Chart. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Il Divo Awards". AllMusic. Archived from the original on 28 December 2015. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Charts: Portugal Digital Songs". Billboard. 15 November 2008. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- "Celine Dion and Il Divo – I Believe in You". Discogs. Retrieved 23 February 2017.