I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)
|"I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)"|
|Single by Celine Dion and Il Divo|
|from the album On ne change pas and Ancora|
|Released||May 1, 2006|
|Format||Music download, CD single|
|Recorded||May 25, 2005 A Side Productions' Studios, Studio Piccolo, Sveriges Radio Studio 2|
|Writer(s)||Jörgen Elofsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Matteo Saggese, Luc Plamondon|
|Producer(s)||Per Magnusson, David Kreuger|
"I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)" is a duet between Celine Dion and Il Divo, released as the third and last single from Dion's On ne change pas album, and first and only from Il Divo's Ancora. At first, on January 23, 2006 "I Believe in You" was released as a radio single in the United States. The commercial single was issued May 1, 2006 in France and Switzerland. It was also released as a radio single in Canada, in May 2006.
There was no music video made for the song.
Dion and Il Divo promoted "I Believe in You" in various French television shows, performing it in late 2005.
The single peaked at number 30 in France and number 35 in Switzerland. In the US, it reached number 31 on the US Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks. Surprisingly, nearly 3 years after its release the song peaked at number 8 on the Portuguese Singles Chart according to Billboard magazine.
There are two released versions of the song, the version released on Dion's On ne change pas album, and the other on Il Divo's album. The difference is that "Someday I'll find you" is sung by a different member of Il Divo on each album. On Dion's album, the line is sung by Swiss tenor Urs Buhler, and on Il Divo's album it is sung by Spanish baritone Carlos Marín. This is due to them swapping lines, where the other line swapped is part of the harmony in Dion's verse (the second verse). A third version performed entirely in English (Dion's verse included) was also recorded, but never released. Il Divo performed this version in their concerts with tenor David Miller singing Dion's parts.
Il Divo are not the first opera singers who have performed and recorded with Dion. She had previously collaborated with Luciano Pavarotti on "I Hate You Then I Love You" and Andrea Bocelli on "The Prayer." The latter has been also performed by Dion and Josh Groban.
While reviewing Ancora, James Christopher Monger of AllMusic wrote: "They fawn over Celine Dion -- who can barely contain her own affections..." Rob Theakston who reviewed Dion's On ne change pas on AllMusic, wrote that having the new songs, including the duet, was a "plus side" to the compilation. 
Formats and track listings
European CD single/digital single
- "I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)" (Celine Dion and Il Divo) – 4:01
- "Hasta Mi Final" (Il Divo) – 3:36
|Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)||90|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||35|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||31|
|Portugal Digital Songs (Billboard)||8|
- Glatzer, Jenna (2005). Céline Dion: For Keeps. Andrews McMeel Publishing. ISBN 0-7407-5559-5.
- "Celine Dion Album & Song Chart History" European Hot 100 for Celine Dion. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Céline Dion - I Believe in You (Je crois en toi) (chanson)" (in French). Hung Medien. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Céline Dion - I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)". Hung Medien. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Celine Dion Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Adult Contemporary for Celine Dion. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Il Divo Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Portugal Digital Songs for Il Divo. Retrieved 12 October 2014.