I Break Horses
|I Break Horses|
I Break Horses at Room 205
I Break Horses' debut studio album Hearts was released on 22 August 2011 on Bella Union . The album has garnered favorable reviews. I Break Horses accompanied M83 on an American tour. It accompanied Sigur Rós on tour in 2013.
Chiaroscuro, the band's second album, was released 20 January 2014, followed by an intimate gig at the Village Underground in Shoreditch, London, UK, to a sell out crowd, ahead of their Stateside tour that spring.
The Guardian music critic Hermione Hoby described their music as "heady, sumptuously textured soundscapes", while Pitchfork music critic Ian Cohen comments that they "immerse themselves in homemade shoegaze, the kind that's made by computers for computers. It's an approach and sound that's crossed language barriers for the past 20 or so years as bands strive to approximate Loveless without the benefit of a label they can bankrupt in the process.".
- Remix (2014)
- "Winter Beats" (2011)
- "Hearts" (2011)
- "Faith" (2013)
- "Denial" (2013)
- Korallreven - "Mantras" and "Ki" from Second Comin' (2014)
- Lushlife + CSLSX - "The Waking World" from Ritualize (2016)
- "I Break Horses release 'Hearts' Today!!!". Bella Union. August 22, 2011. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- "I Break Horses". Village Underground. 2014. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- Hoby, Hermione (August 14, 2011). "I Break Horses: Hearts – review". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- Cohen, Ian (August 25, 2011). "I Break Horses Hearts". Pitchfork. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to I Break Horses.|