Better Than Raw
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from I Can (Helloween song))
|Better Than Raw|
|Studio album by Helloween|
|Released||14 April 1998|
|Studio||Chateau du Pape and Crazy Cat Studios, Hamburg, Germany and Mi Sueño Studio, Tenerife, Spain|
|Producer||Tommy Hansen and Helloween|
|Singles from Better Than Raw|
The album was recorded at Chateau du Pape and Crazy Cat Studios in Hamburg and at Mi Sueño Studio in Tenerife. It was produced and mixed by Tommy Hansen at Chateau du Pape and mastered by Ian Cooper at Metropolis, London.
|1.||"Deliberately Limited Preliminary Prelude Period in Z"||Instrumental||Kusch||1:45|
|5.||"Don't Spit on My Mind"||Deris||Deris/Grosskopf||4:24|
|9.||"A Handful of Pain"||Deris||Kusch||4:49|
|Expanded Edition bonus tracks|
|1.||"Back on the Ground"||Kusch/Deris||4:40|
|2.||"A Game We Shouldn't Play"||Deris||3:38|
|3.||"Perfect Gentleman" (live bootleg version)||Deris/Weikath||3:27|
|4.||"Moshi Moshi~Shiki No Uta" (live drum solo)||Kusch/Grapow||6:53|
- M - 2 also appears on the "I Can" single.
- M - 3,4 also appears on the "Hey Lord!" single.
- Andi Deris - Vocals
- Michael Weikath - Guitar
- Roland Grapow - Guitar
- Markus Grosskopf - Bass
- Uli Kusch - Drums
- Jorn Ellerbrock - keyboards
- Tommy Hansen (producer) - keyboards
- Jutta Weinhold, Ralf Maurer, Christina Hahne and Helloween members - Backing vocals
- Hanson have been known to use the album introduction as an entrance to their concerts.
- Laudate Dominum was written as a tribute for the band's dedicated fans in Spain, South America and other Christians countries.
- Midnight Sun is about the ending of a bad relationship.
- The cover was inspired by The Smurfs, with Gargamel changed for the witch and the Smurfs for pumpkins.
- As opposed to the more benign-looking pumpkin used on previous albums, a sinister-looking pumpkin is used to represent the "o" in the "Helloween" logo. Albeit with a few minor tweaks, it is still currently in use.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Helloween.|