|Studio album by|
|Released||31 May 2004|
|Genre||Electronica, Electroclash, Dance|
|Miss Kittin chronology|
|Singles from I Com|
I Com is an album by Miss Kittin released in 2004 on label NovaMute. It was Miss Kittin's first solo release, having previously released albums in collaboration with The Hacker and Golden Boy. As in her previous works, electro funk and electroclash continue to be the primary genres.
Most of the tracks on the album were produced by Miss Kittin with either Thies Mynther and Tobi Neumann (producers of Chicks On Speed). House music vocalist L.A. Williams raps on track "Requiem for a Hit", the album's second single.
|Drowned In Sound|||
I Com received generally favorable reviews. The album holds a score of 73 out of 100 on the review aggregator website Metacritic. Joseph Shoo of Drowned in Sound commented that I Com has the "sweet attitude of sheer independent energy" while containing "neural giddiness and cerebral edginess". Likewise, Johnny Loftus of Allmusic described I Com as "the best bits and pieces of the post-everything genres have been rearranged in a newfangled data stream to represent Miss Kittin's very elusive, entirely accessible muse. The alluring result is cool, reloaded." By contrast, Derek Miller of Pitchfork Media noted that "some of Kittin's lyrical deficits undercut her production."
- "Professional Distortion" was the first single released on 17 May 2004 It peaked at #83 on the UK Singles Chart and at #77 on the French Singles Chart.
- "Requiem for a Hit" was released on 27 September 2004. It peaked at #92 on the UK Singles Chart and at #6 on the Belgian Dance Chart.
- "Happy Violentine" was released on 14 February 2005 as the third and final single. It peaked at #84 on the UK Singles Chart and at #9 on the Belgian Dance Chart
|1.||"Professional Distortion"||Hervé, Mynther, Neumann||3:42|
|2.||"Requiem for a Hit"||Hervé, Mynther, Neumann||5:10|
|3.||"Happy Violentine"||Hervé, Mynther, Neumann||6:18|
|4.||"Meet Sue Be She"||Hervé, Mynther, Neumann||4:03|
|5.||"Kiss Factory"||Hervé, Mynther, Neumann||4:37|
|6.||"Allergic"||Hervé, Mynther, Neumann||5:26|
|7.||"Soundtrack of Now"||Amato, Hervé, Mynther, Neumann||4:43|
|8.||"Dub About Me"||Schmidt, Zilske||7:10|
|9.||"Clone Me"||Hervé, Mynther, Neumann||4:06|
|11.||"I Come.com"||Hervé, Mynther, Neumann||5:55|
|12.||"Neukölln 2"||Hervé, Mynther, Neumann||3:03|
- Florian - vocals
- L.A. Williams – rapping
- The Hacker - programming, breathing
- Miss Kittin - producer, design, synthesizer, drums, vocals, photography, drawing
- Thies Mynther - synthesizer, bass, piano, producer
- Tobias Neumann - bass, guitar, producer, vocoder, audio production
- Tobi Neumann - guitar, guitar (bass), vocoder
- Bente Schipp - graphic design
|Belgian Albums Chart (Flanders)||79|
|Belgian Alternative Albums Chart (Flanders)||43|
|Belgian Albums Chart (Wallonia)||77|
|Dutch Albums Chart||82|
|French Albums Chart||56|
|German Albums Chart||100|
|Swiss Albums Chart||82|
|UK Albums Chart||171|
|UK Dance Albums Chart||6|
|UK Indie Albums Chart||18|
|US Top Electronic Albums||13|
- Allmusic review
- Drowned In Sound review
- Playlouder review
- Pitchfork Media review Archived 2008-03-14 at the Wayback Machine
- PopMatters review
- XLR8R review Archived 2011-01-02 at the Wayback Machine
- "I Com Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Shoo, Joseph (2004-04-13). "Miss Kittin - I Com / Releases / Releases // Drowned In Sound". Drowned in Sound. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Loftus, Johnny (2004). "I Com - Miss Kittin". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Miller, Derek (2004-09-27). "Pitchfork: Album Reviews: Miss Kittin: I Com". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Miss Kittin - Professional Distortion (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs. Zinc Media, Inc. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Chart Log UK : M - My Vitriol Zobbel. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- Miss Kittin - Professional Distortion French Charts Online. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- "Miss Kittin - Requiem For A Hit (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs. Zinc Media, Inc. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Miss Kittin - Reqiem for a Hit Ultratop. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- "Miss Kittin - Happy Violentine (CD) at Discogs". Discogs. Zinc Media, Inc. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Miss Kittin - Happy Violentine Ultratop. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- Loftus, Johnny (2005). ((( Mixing Me > Overview ))) Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- "Credits - I Com - Miss Kittin". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. 2004. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Ultratop.be - Miss Kittin - I Com". Ultratop (in Dutch). ULTRATOP & Hung Medien / hitparade.ch. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Chartverfolgung - Miss Kittin Musicline.de. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- "Top 40 Dance Albums (06/06/2004)". Archived from the original on June 10, 2004. Retrieved 2005-03-01.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link) BBC Radio 1. Retrieved 2010-07-21.
- "Top 40 Indie Albums (06/06/2004)". BBC Radio 1. Archived from the original on October 9, 2004. Retrieved October 9, 2004.
- ((( Miss Kittin > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums ))) Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-04-16.