I Didn't Know What Time It Was
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"I Didn't Know What Time It Was"|
"I Didn't Know What Time It Was" is a popular song composed by Richard Rodgers with yrics by Lorenz Hart for the musical Too Many Girls (1939). Early hit versions were recorded by Benny Goodman and Artie Shaw. The Crampton Sisters 1964 revival for the DCP label was a Hot 100 entry.
The song was introduced by Richard Kollmar and Marcy Westcott in the musical Too Many Girls. It was performed by Trudy Erwin – dubbing for Lucille Ball in the 1940 film version produced by RKO – and interpolated into the score of the 1957 film Pal Joey, where it was sung by Frank Sinatra.
- Art Blakey with Wayne Shorter – Ugetsu (1963)
- Betty Carter – Betty Carter Live at the Village Vanguard (1970)
- Chick Corea – Expressions (1994)
- Stan Getz and Gerry Mulligan – Getz Meets Mulligan (1957)
- Peggy Lee – Black Coffee (1953)
- Brad Mehldau – The Art of the Trio Vol. 1 (1997)
- Charlie Parker – Charlie Parker with Strings (1949)
- Artie Shaw (1939)
- Cassandra Wilson – Blue Skies (1988)