I Didn't Do It (TV series)
|I Didn't Do It|
|Opening theme||"Time of Our Lives" performed by Olivia Holt|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||39 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Original release||January 17, 2014– October 16, 2015|
I Didn't Do It is an American teen sitcom that premiered on Disney Channel on January 17, 2014, and ended on October 16, 2015. The series was created by Tod Himmel and Josh Silverstein and stars Olivia Holt, Austin North, Piper Curda, Peyton Clark, and Sarah Gilman.
The series follows brother-sister twins, Lindy and Logan Watson, and their three best friends, Jasmine, Garrett, and Delia, as they begin their freshman year of high school at Ditka High. Each episode in the first season began with a comedic "what just happened" situation followed by the story being told in flashbacks. This concept was abandoned in the second season.
- Lindy Watson (Olivia Holt) grew up geeky, nerdy, an outcast, and athletic. She walks into high school with a brand new look with her best friend who shows her how to be fashionable, branching out and becoming a new girl. In "Dance Fever", her nemesis is shown to be a girl named Sherri and it also shows that she has had perfect attendance for eight years without missing school. In "Snow Problem", it is revealed that Lindy is a good snowboarder. Lindy can be a goody two-shoes and is sometimes used as a stamp of approval by her friends when they ask their parents if they can go places. In the episode "Fireman Freddy's Spaghetti Station", it is shown she likes to one-up people, though at first she denies it.
- Logan Watson (Austin North) is very laid back, cool, chill, and confident and has big plans on making his mark in high school. However, those plans sometimes collide with his twin sister, Lindy. Logan often tries to take the easy way out of things and is also not the most intelligent or dedicated student. Jasmine has feelings for Logan, which he found out about in "Logan Finds Out!" It was also revealed in "Falling for... Who?" that Logan returns Jasmine's feelings and instantly falls in love with her. Logan also tried to ask Jasmine out, but was too late because she had started dating Owen. It was also shown that, despite Logan's behavior, he is really sensitive at heart, considering he cried a little over Jasmine when she started dating Owen. Eventually, Logan and Jasmine admit their feelings for each other, finally share their first kiss, finally become a couple, and admit they love each other in "The Rescuers".
- Jasmine Kang (Piper Curda) is a smart, daring, and fashion-forward teenager. She is also always supportive of her four best friends. A fashionista since third grade, Jasmine thrives on good grades, pulling off daring pranks and having the perfect outfit for every occasion. In "Lindy Nose Best", Jasmine developed feelings for Logan and almost admitted her feelings to Logan before he told her that he was going to the movies with Jenna. In "Slumber Partay!", she continued to focus on her crush on Logan when it was her turn to talk about boys. Jasmine is shown to be very sensitive at heart, considering she almost cried over Logan when he got back together with Erin in "Logan Finds Out!" It was also revealed that Jasmine has liked Logan for about a year. Eventually, Logan and Jasmine admit their feelings for each other, finally share their first kiss, finally become a couple, and admit they love each other in "The Rescuers".
- Garrett Spenger (Peyton Clark) can be obsessive about the most obscure details. His affinity for cleanliness and order constantly gets pushed to its limits by his four friends. In "Dear High School Self", it was shown that Garrett is bad at puzzles. In "If It Tastes Like a Brussels Sprout", he doesn't use public toilets. In "Now Museum, Now You Don't", it was revealed that he has a habit of biting his nails. While Garrett tends to take things a bit too far to get to the bottom of hoaxes, he's usually right.
- Delia Delfano (Sarah Gilman) is a quirky, eccentric person. She does not consider herself to be in the cool crowd at school and makes fun of people like the cheerleaders, who are always so bright and spirited. She is very outspoken, and if there is something that shouldn't be said out loud, Delia has probably already blurted it out, much to her secret delight.
- Betty LeBow (Karen Malina White) is the owner of Rumble Juice, where the group hangs out. Garrett also works for her.
- Kevin LeBow (Theodore Barnes) is Betty's nephew.
- Owen (Reed Alvarado) is Jasmine's ex-boyfriend. In "The Rescuers" Jasmine breaks up with him to be with Logan.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||20||January 17, 2014||December 7, 2014|
|2||19||February 15, 2015||October 16, 2015|
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers
|1||20||January 17, 2014||3.89||December 7, 2014||2.05||2.24|
|2||19||February 15, 2015||2.46||October 16, 2015||2.26||1.91|
A pilot for the series was announced November 2012 with production of the pilot scheduled for January 2013. The series was picked up on June 18, 2013. The series started airing on January 17, 2014. On July 3, 2014, Disney ordered a second season of the series. The second season premiered on February 15, 2015. The series ended on October 16, 2015.
- "Friday Cable Ratings". Zap2it. January 21, 2014. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- Mitch Salem (December 9, 2014). "Top 25 Sunday Cable Originals: 12.7.2014". Showbuzz Daily. Archived from the original on December 11, 2014. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (February 18, 2015). "Top 25 Sunday Cable Originals: 2.15.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (October 19, 2015). "Top 100 Friday Cable Originals: 10.16.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved December 25, 2016.
- Amanda Kondolojy (July 3, 2014). "I Didn't Do It Renewed for Second Season by Disney Channel". Zap2it. Archived from the original on December 25, 2016. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- "Disney Channel October 2015 Programming Highlights". Corus Entertainment. October 5, 2015. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
- D Higgins (April 4, 2014). "New This Week on Foxtel". Foxtel. Retrieved November 4, 2014.