I Don't Care (2NE1 song)
|"I Don't Care"|
Reggae Mix Version cover
|Single by 2NE1|
|from the album 2NE1|
|Released||July 1, 2009|
|Writer(s)||Teddy Park, Kush|
|Producer(s)||Teddy Park, Kush|
|2NE1 Korean singles chronology|
In an interview, member CL stated that the song was "a warning message for the men and advice for the women".
A sample of 2NE1's "I Don't Care."
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
The song was released as the second single on July 1, 2009, with promotions starting in early July. The song marked a change in the group's image, as "Fire" showcased a stronger, edgier image; in contrast, YG Entertainment CEO Yang Hyun Suk stated that "I Don't Care" would enable the group to display a softer, more feminine image.
An unplugged "reggae" version of the song was performed on SBS's Inki Gayo music show, signaling the end of promotions for the song. However, due to the remix's popularity, it was released to digital outlets on September 3, 2009.
- Digital download
- I Don't Care – 3:59
- I Don't Care – Remixes
- I Don't Care (Reggae Mix Version) – 3:52
- I Don't Care (Baek Kyoung Remix) – 4:14
"I Don't Care" topped various music shows, including KBS's Music Bank, M.Net's M! Countdown, and SBS's InkiGayo; it led the Music Bank chart for 5 weeks. The single was also the most downloaded song in July 2009.
By October 2012, the song has sold over 4.5 million digital copies, becoming one of the most successful singles of all-time in Korea.
The music video was premiered on June 9, 2009. The music video features the members going to a fortune teller for advice after just being blown off by their cheating boyfriends over the phone. The fortune teller stops time in order for the girls to play sabotage on their boyfriends.
|2009||Mnet Asian Music Awards||Song of the Year||Won|
- (English) [INTERVIEW]: 2NE1. Asia Economy. September 3, 2009. Retrieved September 4, 2009.
- (English) Sandara Park Going Solo. The Korea Times. September 3, 2009. Retrieved September 4, 2009.
- (English) Debuting Girl Groups Stress Talent, Not Just Looks. The JoongAng Daily. August 20, 2009. Retrieved September 4, 2009.
- (Korean) Kim, Hyeong-wu. 2NE1 아이돈케어 ‘힙합전사에서 귀여운 여인 깜짝 변신’ (2NE1's "I Don't Care" "Swift Change from Hip-Hop Warriors to Sweet Girls"). IS Plus/Newsen. July 1, 2009. Retrieved September 4, 2009.
- (English) 2NE1 Comes Out on Top at Music Bank. The Korea Times. July 18, 2009. Retrieved September 4, 2009.
- (Korean) Hong, Jeong-won. 2NE1 ‘아이돈케어’ 레게믹스 반응 ‘핫’..3일 음원공개 (2NE1's "I Don't Care" Reggae Remix Received Hotly, To Be Released Digitally on the 3rd). Joins.com/Newsen. September 1, 2009. Retrieved September 4, 2009.
- (Korean) Kim, Hyeong-wu. 2NE1 5주 연속 뮤뱅 1위 대박 기염 ‘최고신인, 가요계 석 (2NE1 Tops Music Bank Chart for 5 Weeks Total, Best New Group). Joins.com/Newsen. August 14, 2009. Retrieved September 4, 2009.
- Hyun Ji-hyang (August 22, 2009). "Golden days for girl groups". Korea Herald. Retrieved December 17, 2013.
their following song, "I Don't Care," is currently continuing the stream, smashing charts for five consecutive weeks. In July, it was the most downloaded song, beating out "Gee" by Girls Generation.
- "2009 M.net Korean Music Festival Winners list". MAMA. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2NE1.|