I Don't Know How She Does It
|I Don't Know How She Does It|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Douglas McGrath|
|Produced by||Donna Gigliotti|
|Screenplay by||Aline Brosh McKenna|
I Don't Know How She Does It|
by Allison Pearson
Sarah Jessica Parker|
|Music by||Aaron Zigman|
|Edited by||Camilla Toniolo|
|Distributed by||The Weinstein Company|
|Box office||$30.6 million|
I Don't Know How She Does It is a 2011 American comedy film based on Allison Pearson's novel of the same name. Directed by Douglas McGrath, the film stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Pierce Brosnan and Greg Kinnear. It was released on September 16, 2011 and grossed $30 million against its $24 million budget.
- Sarah Jessica Parker as Kate Reddy
- Pierce Brosnan as Jack Abelhammer
- Greg Kinnear as Richard Reddy
- Busy Philipps as Wendy Best
- Olivia Munn as Momo Hahn
- Christina Hendricks as Allison Henderson
- Emma Rayne Lyle as Emily Reddy
- Kelsey Grammer as Clark Cooper
- Jessica Szohr as Paula
- Seth Meyers as Chris Bunce
- Jane Curtin as Marla Reddy
- Sarah Shahi as Janine LoPietro
- Theodore and Julius Goldberg as Ben Reddy
- Leslie Guzman as Lola Laughningle
- Natalie Gold
I Don't Know How She Does It was released for North American audiences on September 16, 2011.
On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 16% based on 110 reviews, with an average rating of 4/10. The site described the film as "[a] limp comedy with a hopelessly outdated viewpoint on gender, featuring Sarah Jessica Parker in rote Carrie-mode." On Metacritic, the film has a score of 38 out of 100, based on 31 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews". Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "B–" on an A+ to F scale.
Sarah Jessica Parker earned a Razzie Award nomination as Worst Actress for her performance in the movie (also for New Year's Eve), but lost to Adam Sandler for his performance in drag in Jack and Jill.
I Don't Know How She Does It opened at #6 on its opening weekend with $4,402,201. It earned $9,662,284 in the United States as well as $20,889,211 internationally for a worldwide total of $30,551,495.
- "I Don't Know How She Does It (12A)". British Board of Film Classification. 2011-09-08. Retrieved 2011-09-08.
- Kaufman, Amy (September 15, 2011). "Movie Projector: 3-D version of 'Lion King' to reign at box office". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- I Don't Know How She Does It at Box Office Mojo
- The New York Times (filmography) Natalie Gold, Retrieved August 7, 2014
- "I Don't Know How She Does It (2011)". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster, Inc. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- "I Don't Know How She Does It reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- "CinemaScore". cinemascore.com.
- "Weekend Box Office Results for September 16-18, 2011". Box Office Mojo. 2011-09-18. Retrieved 2013-08-22.