First Federal Electoral District of Yucatán
The First Federal Electoral District of Yucatán (I Distrito Electoral Federal de Yucatán) is one of the 300 Electoral Districts into which Mexico is divided for the purpose of elections to the federal Chamber of Deputies and one of five such districts in the state of Yucatán.
Under the 2005 districting scheme, the district covers the eastern portion of the state and is the largest district, in terms of its area, in Yucatán.
The district's head town (cabecera distrital), where results from individual polling stations are gathered together and collated, is the city of Valladolid.
Previous districting schemes
Between 1996 and 2005, Yucatán's First District covered an area broadly similar to its current configuration, with the difference that it accounted for a larger portion of the municipalities on the state's northern coast.
Deputies returned to Congress from this district
- XLIX Legislature
- 1973–1976: Víctor Cervera Pacheco (PRI)
- L Legislature
- 1976–1979: Mirna Hoyos Schlamme (PRI)
- LI Legislature
- 1979–1982: Federico Granja Ricalde (PRI)
- LII Legislature
- LIII Legislature
- 1985–1988: Rodolfo Antonio Menéndez y Menéndez (PRI)
- LIV Legislature
- 1988–1991: Ana Rosa Payán (PAN)
- LV Legislature
- 1991–1994: Luis Correa Mena (PAN)
- LVI Legislature
- 1994–1997: Manuel Fuentes Alcocer (PAN)
- LVII Legislature
- 1997–2000: Orlando Paredes Lara (PRI)
- LVIII Legislature
- 2000–2003: Jorge Carlos Berlín Montero (PRI)
- LIX Legislature
- 2003–2006: Roger David Alcocer García (PRI)
- LX Legislature
- 2006–2009: Joaquín Jesús Díaz Mena (PAN)
- LXI Legislature
- 2009-2012: Liborio Vidal Aguilar (PRI)
References and notes