I Feel Bad
|I Feel Bad|
|Created by||Aseem Batra|
I Feel Bad: All Day. Every Day. About Everything|
by Orli Auslander
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||2 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||21 minutes|
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Original release||September 19, 2018– present|
I Feel Bad is an American comedy television series, based on the book I Feel Bad: All Day. Every Day. About Everything by Orli Auslander, that premiered on September 19, 2018, on NBC. It stars Sarayu Blue, Paul Adelstein, Aisling Bea, Zach Cherry, Johnny Pemberton, and James Buckley and is executive produced by Aseem Batra, Julie Anne Robinson, Amy Poehler, Dave Becky, and Joshua D. Maurer.
I Feel Bad follows Emet, a wife, mother, and career woman who "feels bad" when she deviates from her own standards of perfection while trying to "have it all."
Cast and characters
- Sarayu Blue as Emet Kamala-Sweetzer
- Paul Adelstein as David Sweetzer
- Madhur Jaffrey as Maya Kamala
- Brian George as Sonny Kamala
- James Buckley as Chewey
- Zach Cherry as Norman
- Johnny Pemberton as Griff
- Lily Rose Silver as Lily
- Rahm Braslaw as Louie, Emet and David's eldest child. In the pilot episode, the character was portrayed by Callan Farris and written as the family's middle child.
- Aisling Bea as Simone ("Pilot")
- Christopher Avila as Hux ("Pilot"), a co-worker of Emet's. The character was written out of the series following the pilot episode.
- Easton Magliarditi as Tucker ("Pilot")
- Taylor Misiak as Mackenzie ("I Get Sick of Being Needed")
|No.||Title ||Directed by||Written by||Original air date ||Prod.|
|1||"I Don't Want to Turn into My Mother"||Julie Anne Robinson||Aseem Batra||September 19, 2018||101||5.72|
|2||"I Get Sick of Being Needed"||Tristram Shapeero||Andy Bobrow||September 19, 2018||103||3.98|
|3||"I Lie to My Kids"||TBA||TBA||October 4, 2018||102||TBD|
|4||"I’m Vain A.F."||TBA||TBA||October 11, 2018||104||TBD|
|5||"I'm a Massive Hypocrite"||TBA||TBA||October 18, 2018||105||TBD|
On February 2, 2018, it was announced that NBC had given the production a pilot order. The pilot episode was written by Aseem Batra based on the novel I Feel Bad: All Day. Every Day. About Everything by Orli Auslander. Batra also acts an executive producer alongside Amy Poehler, Julie Anne Robinson, Dave Becky, and Joshua D. Maurer. Kelly Pancho and Kim Lessing are set as producers and Orli Auslander as a consulting producer. Production companies involved with the pilot include Universal Television, Paper Kite Productions, CannyLads Productions, and 3 Arts Entertainment.
On May 8, 2018, it was announced that NBC had given the production a series order. A few days later, it was announced that the series would premiere in the fall of 2018 and air on Thursdays at 9:30 p.m. On June 19, 2018, it was announced that the series would officially premiere on October 4, 2018 in its regular time-slot.
On February 26, 2018, it was announced that Sarayu Blue and Paul Adelstein had been cast as the pilot's female and male leads, respectively. In March 2018, it was announced that Zach Cherry and James Buckley had also joined the main cast.
On September 10, 2018, the series will take part in the 12th annual PaleyFest Fall Television Previews which will feature a preview screening of the series and a conversation with cast members Sarayu Blue, Paul Adelstein, Madhur Jaffrey, and Brian George and executive producers Aseem Batra and Julie Anne Robinson.
The series has been met with a positive response from critics upon its premiere. Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned the season a score of 65 out of 100 based on 4 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews."
|1||"I Don't Want to Turn into My Mother"||September 19, 2018||1.1/5||5.72||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|2||"I Get Sick of Being Needed"||September 19, 2018||0.8/3||3.98||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 8, 2018). "'Abby's' & "I Feel Bad' Comedies Picked Up To Series By NBC". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "Shows A-Z - I feel bad on nbc". The Futon Critic. Retrieved September 20, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (September 20, 2018). "'Big Brother' and 'America's Got Talent' adjusts up, 'I Feel Bad' adjusts down: Wednesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 20, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 2, 2018). "NBC Orders Comedy Pilot From Aseem Batra, Amy Poehler & Julie Anne Robinson". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Petski, Denise (May 13, 2018). "NBC Fall 2018-19 Schedule: 'Chicago'-Branded Wednesday, 'SVU' To Thursday, 'The Blacklist' Held For Midseason, 'World Of Dance' Moves In-Season". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 13, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (June 19, 2018). "NBC Sets Fall 2018 Premiere Dates: 'This Is Us', 'The Voice', 'Manifest' & More". Deadline. Retrieved June 19, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 26, 2018). "Sarayu Blue To Topline NBC Aseem Batra Comedy Pilot; Paul Adelstein Set As Male Lead". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (March 9, 2018). "Rachel Skarsten, Isabella Russo Join 'For Love' ABC Drama Pilot; Zach Cherry In NBC's Aseem Batra Comedy Pilot". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (March 10, 2018). "Nicole Parker Joins 'Friends-In-Law' NBC Comedy Pilot; James Buckley In Aseem Batra Comedy". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (May 13, 2018). "NBC New Series Trailers: 'Manifest', 'New Amsterdam', 'I Feel Bad'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 13, 2018.
- Pedersen, Erik (July 24, 2018). "PaleyFest Fall TV Previews Sets Initial Lineup: Tim Allen, Sarah Silverman, Aaron Paul & More". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 29, 2018.
- "I Feel Bad: Season 1". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved September 20, 2018.