I Go Dye
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
I Go Dye
|Occupation||Visionary Comedian writer motivational speaker and social crusader.|
Francis Agoda (born 4 April 1979) popularly known as I Go Dye or I Go Die is a Nigerian visionary comedian. He is a motivational speaker, writer and social crusader. However, through his artistry he has continued to promote global peace and child welfare. He has organized several international comedy shows such as "Igodye Standing."
Francis Agoda was born on 4 April 1979 in Abraka, Delta State, Nigeria. As a young child he grow up at Okpara water side with his grand Mother, Queen Agnes where he saw the numerous challenges facing rural settlements in Nigeria.This insight has motivated him to address some of these issues through his comedy and publications. A review of his creativity dates back to his elementary school days at Ighogbadu primary school and College of Commerce, Warri Delta State. During his school days he was a member of the Junior Engineering Technical society and was made the zonal project manager to represent Delta State In 1992, as a young kid, he meet the first executive governor of Delta State Olorogun Felix Ibru after he exhibited a usual creativity, for someone who grow up in the village to have the foresight to invent an Hover craft ship, radio transmitter, hair dryer, projector, electric solar table fan and flying helicopter, that made him the first Africa child to have build a flying helicopter and moving Hover craft ship. He was awarded scholarship to study structural engineering at New York university. His insight into life and future were mysterious according to his mother princess Emily, because he professed issues of the future and he had a great inherent spirituality that made him scared. Within a short while, his passion for comedy brought him wider acceptance and popularity, which he realized was a means to address mitigating factors affecting young children and many unprivileged people, based on what he witnessed growing up in the village as a young kid.
He imbibed the name I Go dye from the similarity of the sound of his is surname Agoda, I GO DYE translated to mean (Initiative guide on developing youth endowment) His mother took him out of United college of Commerce to Essi college warri so that his uncle who was a teacher in that school could monitor his activities so while in Essi college he joined SVC where he meet his best friend of today Otagware onodjeyeke (otas) now known as Igosave, together they started presenting mock news on Delta Broadcasting Service 1994, where they addressed several issues affecting the society, later on he got a contract as a Stand up comedian at Prest Motel in Benin City where he was paid one thousand Naira per show, while he also expanded his profile across different events in Nigeria after years of exploring his creativity he featured in Africa biggest comedy show Night of A thousand laughs 2000 year edition and made the comedy show and vcd became the most salable comedy cd according to the marketer Mr Obino Music, he performed for a decade and he was eventually honoured by the producer of Nite Of A Thousand Laugh Mr Opa Williams as the most outstanding comedian to have been on Night of a Thousand laugh stage for ten years.
His first European tour was with Ehizoya Golden Entertainment, 2005 which took him round 7 countries. He was later contracted by (NIDOE) France to perform at the UNESCO Cultural Week in Paris France and was presented an award for his contribution to the uplifment of Nigeria Cultural value by Niddo Spain.
He has been featured in the MTV Africa Music Awards. He has also performed in opening and closing shows of various notable musicians including Akon, Boyz II Men, 50-Cent, Rick Ross, The Game, and Kelly Rowland.
I Go Dye has won various awards, including:
- African Best Comedian.
- The Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation of Europe-SPAIN Award for his contribution to Nigerian culture and art.
- The Nigeria Best Comedian Award (NEA AWARD).
- Delta Role model Award 2017
- Nigeria best comedian Award
- Niddo Spain Award;for his contribution to Nigeria Culture and Art.
- Ukaid and youth alive foundation ambassador Award on #MadACT make a difference Against Corruption Today; dedicated to Nigeria pensioners
- Nigeria Army Civil Award with the compliment of Chief of Army staff Lt General TY Buratai
- United Nations Development Goal Ambassador
- United Nations World Habitat Ambassador
Dedicated to Hillary Clinton
I Go Dye personal comedy brand Igodye standing in 2016 Igodye sold out 02 London to mark his 20 years on stage, before Igodye standing world tour, Igodye has performed in African comedy events including MTV Africa Music Awards. Igodye as a prolific comedian has remained the toast of the comedy industry, entertaining Governors, Presidents and diplomats. He also performed at the 2018 National Council of Nigeria Traditional Rulers, held in Port Harcourt with The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, ooni of Ife Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi and many others.
I Go Dye as someone who had faced the ills of conflict and was shot, losing some of his close friends, that tragic experience changed his perception. When he reflected on the 1997 Warri crisis between the Ijaw's and Itsekiri people, he championed the project, Peace in sight. Amb Francis Agoda shot a 10 minuets documentary, short film in 2004 for United Nations and the Federal government of Nigeria to promote peace and advocate for rural development.He has often lend his voice and provided solutions to world leaders and Nigerian elites with most of his publications. His open letter to mark the United Nations Youth day in 2017 titled Logic and Reason without guns to Nigeria Government, Governors Militant and youth, he has continued to be an advocate for the African Youths, promoting a new political ideology that will include the youths in governance, he has also advocated for youth leadership, in Zimbabwe where he wrote president Robert Mugabe to step down for youthful leadership, he also advocated for youthful President in Liberia which has been successful and has continued to champion a new leadership also for Nigerian through his open letter to his excellency president Muhammadu Buhari and former vice president Atiku Abubakar.
- "I GO DYE:The fabulous lifestyle of a comedian". Vanduardngr.com. 13 September 2014. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- VIEW Nigeria (30 October 2017). "Comedian IGODYE as the Omudiaga of Okpara Island". VIEW Nigeria. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Information ng (4 April 2013). "Gov Oshiomole and comedian I GO DYE share a drink on their birthday". Information ng. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "I GO DYE:Up and coming comedians my biggest threat". modernghana. 12 October 2008. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
- "I GO DYE $185,000 RICHER. TOUR THE WORLD WITH POINT GATE". nigeriafims.com. 1 July 2009. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- "2009 Nigeria Entertainment Awards Winners". jaguda.com. 6 September 2009. Retrieved 6 September 2009.
- "Nigerian Army honours comedian I Go Dye". Vanguard Nigeria. 3 July 2017. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- "Are You Ready for I Go Dye's "The Last Man Standing" Comedy World Tour? Get the Scoop & Watch his New Skit". bellanaija.com. 14 March 2016. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "I GO DYE becomes UN ambassador". nigeriafilms.com. 6 September 2009. Retrieved 6 September 2009.
- "Photos of Cross River Gov. and Amb I go dye at The Nigeria Ireland Carnival". View Nigeria. 30 October 2017. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Popular comedian I go dye writes open letter to Buhari, Nigerian youth, others". Naij. 4 December 2017. Retrieved 4 December 2017.
- "Comedian, I Go Dye writes open letter to Atiku Abubakar". Daily Post. 4 December 2017. Retrieved 4 December 2017.