I Got You (Split Enz song)
|"I Got You"|
|Single by Split Enz|
|from the album True Colours|
|Recorded||Armstrong Studios, Melbourne, 1979|
|Label||Mushroom Records, Melbourne|
|Split Enz singles chronology|
"I Got You" is a 1979 song by New Zealand rock group Split Enz from their studio album True Colours. Split Enz's most commercially successful single, "I Got You" was written by Neil Finn and released in late 1979. In 2001 it was voted 11th best New Zealand song of all time by APRA.
Reviewed in Roadrunner at the time of release, it was said the song, "positively drips with appeal that only philistines could fail to appreciate," and asked readers to buy a copy as, "it deserves to be a hit."
The video clip features Neil Finn standing in a room with the other band members performing in a framed picture on the wall behind him.
- "I Got You" - 3:24
- "Double Happy" - 3:15
- Neil Finn: vocals, guitar
- Tim Finn: vocals
- Noel Crombie: vocals, percussion
- Malcolm Green: drums
- Nigel Griggs: bass guitar
- Eddie Rayner: keyboards
- "I Got You - Discogs". discogs.com. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- Cateforis, Theo (2011). Are We Not New Wave? : Modern Pop at the Turn of the 1980s (PDF). University of Michigan Press. p. 163. ISBN 0-472-03470-7.
- Robertson, Donald (8 February 1980). "45's". Roadrunner. Parkside, SA: 22.
- Kent, David. Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. St Ives, N.S.W. (1993). ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "New Zealand Charts". Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "All Music Guide". Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "UK Chart Stats". Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "RPM Canadian Charts". Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- Tannis Root Presents: Freedom of Choice on Amazon.com
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2013)|
"Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd
|RIANZ Number-one single
14 March 1980 – 28 March 1980 (2 weeks)
"Little Sister" by Ry Cooder
"Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen
|Australian Kent Music Report number-one single
14 April 1980 – 2 June 1980
"Tired of Toein' the Line" by Rocky Burnette